Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Why isnt 3.1.3 JB out yet?

Default Why isnt 3.1.3 JB out yet?
    Can anybody explain to me why a 3.1.3 JB isnt available yet? im pretty confused as 4.0 has already been JB'd and its only in beta stage, yet a final release (3.1.3) hasnt been jailbroken yet? just wondering why

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

The only jailbreak available for 4.0 uses the same exploit as the one already in use for iphone 3g. For the devices that are vulnerable to this exploit there is a jailbreak for 3.1.3 using pwnage tool. For the devices that are not vulnerable (ipod touch 3g and iphone 3gs new bootrom)there is no jailbreak released yet for 3.1.3 or 4.0.

Okay i kind of understand but not fully, im on ipod touch 3g with firmware 3.1.3, why is it that this cant be jailbroken, yet something with a newer firmware can be? it seems to me your saying they fixed the exploit for 3.1.3 but then removed it for 4.0?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to davesnothere11 For This Useful Post:

Kevintroy (2010-04-21)

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

The exploit used is one that cannot be fixed by a software update. iPhone 2g, 3g, ipod touch 1g and 2g are all vulnerable to this so will always be able to be jailbroken regardless of what firmware is on them. The only way for apple to fix this was to introduce new hardware which they did with ipod touch 3g and iphone 3gs with the new bootrom. There is no jailbreak released yet for your ipod touch 3g. The only released jailbreak for 4.0 only works with iphone 3g (although theoretically the dev team could make it work with ipod touch 2g and iphone 3gs that have the old bootrom if they wanted to).

Thanks

No one is gonna release a 3.1.3 jailbreak. Get that throughg ur heads already. There's no point of realeasing one because it only supports those that updated via iTunes when everyone else knows not to. Or those that waited to long to get the devices. Ur all just gonna have to wait for 4.0 in the summer

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Im a bit new to this, so please correct me if im wrong, but there isnt a 3.1.3 JB because 3.1.3 did not introduce any new features, just supposedly a rare battery power display bug, and some anti JB stuff.

I dont think its a matter of there not being a JB for 3.1.3, but rather its pointless to release one for a version that there is no real need to upgrade to. By doing so, they are giving up a potential vulnerability that apple can use to prevent JB'ing in future versions.

Quote Originally Posted by REAPERDAGREAT13 View Post
    No one is gonna release a 3.1.3 jailbreak. Get that throughg ur heads already. There's no point of realeasing one because it only supports those that updated via iTunes when everyone else knows not to. Or those that waited to long to get the devices. Ur all just gonna have to wait for 4.0 in the summer
    you may be wrong about that one. theres a rumor going around that GeoHotz is making an untether jailbreak for all devices and firwares including the ipad. its going to be called limera1n

and isn't limera1n coming out the end of April? Or is it like in the first week of may? Hopefully, soon, I can't survive without jailbreak!...haha

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Jailbreaking 3.1.3 is already possible for most devices. I think what people are really referring to is a unlock for the baseband upgrade that came with the 3.1.3 fw. But these questions are seriously over-asked -.-

Thanks

Spirit is for 3.1.3 and ipad 3.2 jailbreak and limera1n will most likely be the 4.0 jailbreak by geohotz
    If My Replys Helped You Out In Any Way
    Dont Forget To Hit The "THANKS" Button