Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help downgrading iPod touch 2g

Default Help downgrading iPod touch 2g
    Ok so me and my husband have the same exact iPod touch. Its 2g 3.1.3 and MC model. I got his to downgrade to 3.1.2 and jailbroke it through blackra1n works perfectly!! Mine on the other hand (like i said same exact one) will not downgrade. It will go through the same process as his did(which worked) and stop when restoring it to the iPod. Error message on iTunes says: The Ipod "iPod could not be restored". An unknown error occured(28). I have tried different firmware and still get the same error. So I guess my question is why will his work and not mine? Any suggestions on what I could try?

i have exactly the same problem, my ipod touch MC 8gb 3.1.3 downgraded to 3.1.2 with no problems but when i tried to do my fiancee's ipod touch MC 8gb 3.1.3 wont downgrade. Keeps saying error 28. My serial number starts 9C090 and my fiancee's serial number starts 1C010, both are MC086BT. Does anyone know what is going on? i have also tried firmware umbrella, tinytss, downgraded itunes to 8.2 and it still did not work

hope someone knows a way round this

You have the new iPod Touch with 3.1.3 preinstalled when you bought it. At this moment, it's not possible to downgrade it like you did with an iPod that came with 3.1.2 preinstalled.

You can fix error 28 by clicking on Restore (WITHOUT shift) and waiting for the firmware to download and install on the device.

You would have to wait for a jailbreak for version 3.1.3 if you want to jailbreak your new iPod manufactured around the month of April that has 3.1.3.