Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Just making sure... Downgrading itouch 3.1.3

Thanks
    Default Just making sure... Downgrading itouch 3.1.3
    Ok, I've spent over 5 hours on the internet. and on the forums, I've basically figured out the answer but i guess i just want a definitive answer.

Im from Asia, just came from Singapore and bought 2 iPod Touch 64Gb (MC model)for my niece and nephew since they did well in school. I finished jailbreaking one of the itouch (it was on a 3.1.2) and went on to the second one only to find out it was already on a 3.1.3. So off to the internet to figure out if there was a way to downgrade it. I can honestly say I've tried everything. Everything i could find and let me tell you there are a lot of Dicks out there claiming that they can downgrade anything. Long story short one of the Ipod Touch is still unjailbroken.

So my question is, is there a way to downgrade this and eventually jailbreak it?

Follow up question, you guys announced that the firmware ver 4 for the iphone will be coming out this Thur, will this include a firmware update for the iTouch as well?

Just a rant: i just want to say that most of the blogs and forums that I've read says that the reason why there is no Jailbreak for the 3.1.3 is that there isn't any significant upgrade from the 3.1.2 so the devs didn't bother to make one. If that's true didn't they realize that all the new models that came out are in that version and people who what to jailbreak cant because there isn't one for that version. But i guess that's a better reason than the alternative, meaning that they cant crack the version which is much more scarier.

Thanks
    Google all the way...

wow theres a lot posted here you touched on!!! yes at the moment your 64 gig 3.1.3 ipod itis unbreaqkable (at least for your general user)! Not to worry to much though as geohot has an untethered fix and hasnt released it due to ipad and 4.0 coming out(has it posted on youtube of his untethered fix)! There is a exploit apple is not to no until the os comes out! unfortenantly one of them has a jailbroken ipod and the other dosnt for now

Thanks
    Yes i saw that one on youtube. I guess i have to wait to give it to my Niece and Nephew. I cant give them out since one isnt jailbroken yet.
    Google all the way...