Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Downgrade 3.1.3 - 3.1.2 Firmware...

Question Downgrade 3.1.3 - 3.1.2 Firmware...
    Well I have downloaded the 3.1.3 firmware (accidently) for my iPod Touch 3GS 8GB and when I attempted to downgrade by putting my iPod Touch into DFU mode and then holding SHIFT+CLICKING RESTORE and selected the firmware for 3.1.2 (which I downloaded) it comes up with an error "The iPod could not be restored because the firmware is not compatible".

Please help!
    Last edited by seriousfear; 2010-03-29 at 12:00 PM.

Default Fix
    did you download the 3g version of 3.1.2 or the 2g if not the 2g the try the same thing u did but with 2g 3.1.2 oh and you dont have to be in DFU or recovery with 2g.

How do i know?
    -I did this my self with the same ipod as you.

You need to make sure that it is the right firmware for your device if it isn't or you can't find it get the firmware here at iPod and iPhone Firmware Download

I have done what ProgramErrorX said already I had downloaded iPod Touch 3G (3.1.2/7D11) and that's what I got the error from in the first place...

So either I will have to wait for GeoHot to hack the 3.1.3 since he said he is nearly done with the PS3 Exploits or somehow downgrade my iPod Touch but for some reason I get the same error.

Bump!
    Last edited by seriousfear; 2010-03-31 at 06:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. The Following User Says Thank You to seriousfear For This Useful Post:

shawnroof (2010-04-01)

ya mx squares is right use the 2nd gen 3.1.2 and it will downgrade to 3.1.2 this only works on the 8 gig models for the 3rd gen but this is correct true info and posted further down so read up!!
    Last edited by shawnroof; 2010-04-01 at 05:30 AM. Reason: w

guys how can u know if your IPOD TOUCH is 3GS?? thanks