Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Something Happend when restoring. Spinning ring of death type thing...

Exclamation Something Happend when restoring. Spinning ring of death type thing...
    Ok, so a while back, after new years, I restored my iPod, it was not Jail Broken or anything, but I needed a new start, so I restored it, when through fine, but when it started back up. Well, heres what I wrote on other forums..

Ok, so I have a 2G iPod Touch(16g), and It was acting up so i just restored it like every one would do, but after it was done restoring... It had the Apple Logo, and the SPINNING RING OF DEATH came up, it froze, screen turned white, and restarted. Over and over and over again, i left it on for a whole day, nothing happend.
    But now it will die on me, saying it needs to be charged, and it will charge and have the apple logo then die, but thats only on my comp(and every ones i have tryed on) and my wall charger, it charges it faster, it does this.. Plug it in, it will boot up with the logo, but no ring, FLASH a white screen and restart at the logo!!!
    My computer doesnt reconize it, i have reinstalled iTunes, restarted Apple devise thing, got LibUSB, tryed multi comps(PC and Mac), DFU mode doesnt do **** in my position neither recovery mode, i have done alot of USB ports, my computer doesnt even say something like "unable to recognize" on the little pop up, no sound, nothing. Just plug it in and my computer doesnt react.
    SO dont tell me anything with DFU mode unless its not a commen way to fix this, cuz i have seached though every forum for the past 3 months for an answer and i am PISSED.
    Trust me, i know what DFU mode is and recovery, so dont tell me that will solve my problem, it hasnt at all, tell me something new and that might actually do something...

Yes yes, im very angry...

dfu mode if you can really get it there is suppose to recover all ipods to my understanding but if it wont go to dfu you could always consider selling your broke pos on ebay prob for around 75-100 bucks and move on to a new oone

Take it back to apple.