Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jail Break 3.1.2 Help

Quote Originally Posted by High_Voltage View Post
    I am sry that i led you to think it was your fault, honestly. i just said it was either u that skipped a step or it was me that didnt go to 3.1 first then to 3.0. As of right now, i am doing irecovery and its not working out considering that everyone is telling me to put it in dfu. I did dfu, put in the correct commands: Cd c:/boot,then irecovery.exe -f iBSS211.dfu. After that it says "iphone/itouch cannot be found". Again i'm sry for making u think that i said u were wrong. its just that the method didnt work for me bcause it gave me error 1604 after second try. so with that if someone could help with this problem i would be happy to ty for your help.

and btw its a 2G!!
    Try DFU mode again, and use this firmware (had to shorten the link)

http://bit.ly/obGRe

Let me know what happens

iPhone? More like MyPhone Cocacolafire's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrcc View Post
    I just recently jail breaked my ipod touch 2g 3.1.2 with black ra1n. I wanted to add some themes but i cant find this path in the ssh. root/system/library/frameworks/. Also I use iphone browser and it still says i havent jail breaked my ipod touch yet but i put the services plist in the required location. thanks
    havent had time to read every post, but the themes (on ssh using winscp would be-

private/var/stash/themes.OXMvOv(This part might be different on your ipod)

offtopic- WOO 100 POSTS!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have been browsing the forum for a few days reading about the 3.1.2 firmware jailbreak for the ipod touch 2g and have read about a few jailbreak success as well as failures(semi-success). Im currently using a jailbroken ipod touch 2g with 3.1.1 firmware & wanted to upgrade but dont want to have to run blackrain everytime i re-boot my ipod. Could someone tell me if this 3.1.2 firmware jailbreak can be done without having to run blackrain when re-booting.............

Quote Originally Posted by At&tMaintMan82 View Post
    I have been browsing the forum for a few days reading about the 3.1.2 firmware jailbreak for the ipod touch 2g and have read about a few jailbreak success as well as failures(semi-success). Im currently using a jailbroken ipod touch 2g with 3.1.1 firmware & wanted to upgrade but dont want to have to run blackrain everytime i re-boot my ipod. Could someone tell me if this 3.1.2 firmware jailbreak can be done without having to run blackrain when re-booting.............
    well i have had problems jailbreaking before in my post from then until now. After jailbreaking with blackra1n RC3 on my laptop it worked and now I have cydia. When u download winterboard or some cracked app then u will hav to reboot it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by At&tMaintMan82 View Post
    follow these steps-
    1. Slap yourself in the face for brining back a old thread.
    2. Say, "OMG, why the hell would I even THINK about upgrading to 3.1.2"
    3. Say- "I think I should just stay with 3.1.1."

3.1.2 is filled with bugs. (I even heard of stories where it sent a few iPhones into DFU mode.

I'm using 3.1.1 and its great. Dont Upgrade.

i agree. if u upgrade to 3.1.2 black ra1n is the only way to jail break ur ipod touch. i dont know why ppl complain about black ra1n its the easist jail break around.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mrcc View Post
    i agree. if u upgrade to 3.1.2 black ra1n is the only way to jail break ur ipod touch. i dont know why ppl complain about black ra1n its the easist jail break around.
    Eh'em- Flaws on blackra1n

1. It does not allow you to choose what size of space you want on your iPod or iPhone.
    2. It comes with 500MB system portion. Which could limit some of the functions of certain apps or processes.
    3. Blackr1an does not let you fully customize your iPod. (meaning boot up pictures and recovery pictures)
    4. Many people have problems with blackr1an.
    5. You must upgrade your baseband which will make you lose an unlock. (on iPhones only)

Don't use blackra1n unless you don't care about any of the above.

**** i didnt know that thanks for the info

Thanks

BlackRa1n is officially a piece of crap - iPhone Forums

i didnt write this, i just googled flaws on blackra1n

"I was just having some problems where i had to try to restore my iphone a total of 66 times, to make it work,

when i finally restore, i proceeded to sync my contacts, music, videos, everything that i usually have on my iphone, but i had a huge error, in which itunes will automatically crash when i tried to sync it, i though it was a problem with my PC, and i really took it seriously, because my contacts, photos, everything, couldnt be sync.

I just though of syncing my iphone with the computer at my college, i packed everything at my USB, and i got to college, i installed itunes, i authorized this computer, and when i sync my phone, it pops up the same error that i got at home, the same exact one... THAT MOTHER****ER GEOHOT MESSED UP MY PHONE FOREVER...

so i was dissapointed, and decided to try it on another computer here at my college, i installed itunes, i authorized itunes, and guess what, BOOM, I GET THE SAME ERROR, the same exact error that i got at my home, my first computer at college, and now this computer,

THIS IS OBVIOUSLY A SOFTWARE PROBLEM, looks like that piece of **** software that geohot made, its still on my phone, but i dont think thats possible because i restored, but some how it still is..looks like that piece of **** software damaged some hardware, i really dont know..

I just want some help guys, i need to sync my phone ASAP, and i cant do it on any other computer...any suggestions ?

NOTE, for those people that say, BLACKRAIN WORK FOR ME, seriously guys stop it, CAUSE EVERYBODY KNOWS, THAT IF A JAILBRAKE WORKS FOR ME, IT MIGTH NOT WORK FOR HIM/HER, a jailbrake migth work for some devices and for some devices not..

so, any suggestions ? "

blackra1n ruined my ipod touch. everytime i connect it to itunes theres an error. if u ruined ur iphone i might of ruined my ipod touch. i tried chamging the wallpaper everything doesnt work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12