Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Possible to downgrade 3.1 to 3.0?

Default Possible to downgrade 3.1 to 3.0?
    Hi all, bought myself an ipod touch 2g 8gb. Although it came in with the batch of 3rd gen ipod touches. So i'm not sure if this makes a difference. Anyway is there a way to downgrade this? or should i just wait till greenpoison is available.

I've read up on it and all information seems to say that it is indeed possible, however i keep getting 1601 errors on restoring in itunes after i've put it into DFU mode.

thanks guys.

Smile Yes You Can!
    If you still cannot downgrade. Then I have written a clear cut guide on how to do that without any errors.
    Just follow the link below.
    Mohit Dhanjani Clear Cut Guide to Downgrade from 3.1.1 to 3.0

tried that method, but not using that firmware. I'll give it a shot once it downloads, got a feeling that the same thing is going to happen though.

I think it's got something to do with it being a newer one with 3.1 pre-installed.

Well I Just added one more line to the guide...

Note : As per the comments, this guide will not work, whom iPod touch was pre-installed with 3.1

And best of luck.

lol, ah well. I put it into DFU mode, took it into the store, and said it was faulty! Got my money back, then rang around found a 2g 8gb itouch in stock and got that. Jailbroken and working

Congrats man. I get really happy when someone fool Apple guys.

i didn't really fool the apple guys. I actually returned it to a jb hifi and then bought the 2g from an actual apple store in the city. apple won lol