Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can't restore?

Default Can't restore?
    I updated my jail broken itouch to the newest patch without reading about, i know im ******* stupid, and now it wont restore, wtf do i do did i just break my itouch completely?!?? HELP ME PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE

Edit: I keep getting the error 14.

I have upgraded to Itunes 9, i have restarted my computer. I am trying to restore, it because it's stuck in the DFU mode and it says, you have to Restore and update, and i keep getting the error 14

Also this is an ipod touch 8gb 2nd gen
    Last edited by PoppinFresh; 2009-09-14 at 05:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Are you sure it's in DFU mode or is it in Recovery mode? What's on the screen?
    DFU mode is what you need to restore.

The apple logo is what is on the screen

Thanks

Agree with BLKCADI.

DFU mode = Device Firmware Update mode

DFU mode is a mode where the iPod Touch/iPhone will be made to force a restore of the firmware into whatever version firmware it is given.

Getting your iPod Touch/iPhone into DFU mode is somewhat tricky, and it may require some patience/practice because timing is essential to get it to DFU mode and not into recovery mode.

1. First, Open up iTunes, plug in your iPod Touch/iPhone to the CPU's USB port. Turn on your CPU's speaker and make sure it is loud enough that you can hear it.

2. Hold down the Power button (top left for iPod Touch and top right for the iPhone with the screen facing you) and the Home button (located on the front bottom of your iPod Touch/iPhone) simutaneously, until the screen goes black and the device turns off. (past the red slider/slide to power off screen)

3. Now let go of the Power button, but continue to hold the Home button. Your iPod Touch/iPhone should have turned off and the screen should not be on.

4. After around ~10-20 seconds, you will hear a noise (beep/ding) from your CPU as if it had just recognized a new hardware device, now iTunes should recognize it in DFU mode.

5. After iTunes recognizes the iPod Touch/iPhone, let go of the Home button otherwise it will go into recovery mode and you will have to do the entire DFU process over again.

6. You will know when you have put your iPod Touch/iPhone correctly into DFU mode when the display is blank and that you do not have anything on your device.

And you are done, now you can install any iPod Touch/iPhone firmware on to your device via the iTunes SHIFT recovery method.
    Last edited by sursture; 2009-09-14 at 05:53 AM.
    Do hope that helps

**uoʇʇnq sʞuɐɥʇ ǝɥʇ ʇıɥ puɐ puıʞ ǝq noʎ pǝdןǝɥ sɐɥ ǝuoǝɯos ɟı**

5. The Following User Says Thank You to sursture For This Useful Post:

PoppinFresh (2009-09-15)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Nope, your in Recovery mode.
    DFU mode
    INSTRUCTIONS
    Step 1. Turn off iPhone/iPod
    Step 2. Hold down the power and home button.
    Step 3. When you see the Apple logo, release the power button but continue holding the home button down.
    Step 4. Open iTunes and wait for it to tell you that it detects iPhone in restore/recovery mode.

Alternative Method:
    Step 1. Connect iPhone/iPod to USB then listen to the sound when it connects and disconnects.
    Step 2. Hold the home and power buttons until hear the disconnect sound then release power button.
    Step 3. Wait until you hear another sound then release home button.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

PoppinFresh (2009-09-15)

nevermind now, i downloaded FiveIRows, and i clicked reload springboard, and i stuck on reloading the springboard.. what do i do guys ? :S
    Last edited by PoppinFresh; 2009-09-15 at 02:12 AM.