Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Restore problems.....

Default Restore problems.....
    I have an 1G iPod touch and the firmware has upgraded to v3. However I want to downgrade it, so that I can jailbreak it.

The only problem is that I constantly get an error "The iPod XXXX could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (20)."
    The steps I am running through are

1. I click on Shift + Restore
    2. I select firmare iPod1,1_2.2.1_5H11_Restore.ipsw
    3. It starts to extract files

I have also tried with other firmwares, all to the same result....nothing seems to work, apart from restoring to v3.

Anyone help....?

Thx

What version of iTunes do you have?

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

... lol...

That's actually what I have just done, but it's taken me all day...
    I was just concerned about all the things I had heard about the firmware v3, not being as flexible as the previous 2.2.1 jailbreak.

thx anyway...

negative. 3.0 is great. way better than 2.x the only thing that seems to be a problem is some of the theming components...one being the keyboard....as a theme developer that hurts....but 3.0 is worth the time to upgrade

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Heyy im new to Modmyi.com
    i was wondering if there is a way to restore an iPod touch 2gen with a new computer? i upgraded my ipod touch to 3.0 on the other laptop but i dont dont own that no more and i wanna put apps through the new laptop!
    Thanxxs

hmmm i guess i dont understand your question. you got a new laptop and now you want all your apps again? you can redownload your apps from itunes with no extra charge. if you need to authorize your new computer to sync and stuff just go to store, authorize computer.

if that doesnt help ill need you to explain a bit more

PS welcome to MMI

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Yeah sorri about that I read it my self just then and it realli doesnt make much sence lol. i will try 2 explain it again. I got a new laptop and i have an ipod touch 2 gen and i wanna it 2 sync with only the new laptop ex so i can put apps directly from the laptop to the ipod. but i downloaded 3.0 and restored on another laptop then jailbroke it so how do i restore it or put apps with the new computer its a bit of a tricky question but i realli wanna know? thanxxs Anth

you dont need to do anything. simply log into itunes on your new computer and authorize it to manage your data. you do that by going to store and authorize computer. if you had your ipod set to manually manage content then your good to go. otherwise youll just have to resync with this machine

-I have ipod touch 2g jailbroken 3.0
    -Itunes 8

Problem: (need help)
    -i have a problem with it so i restored it thur itunes....and had it jailbroken agian with 3.0 firmware.

-all my apps form ******** which i've downloaded before i restored it ...now it won't install???? need help plssssss...

My iPhone is a Part of Me Frostbite's Avatar
    over the hill across the river and through the candy cane forest
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anth-Cydia View Post
    Heyy im new to Modmyi.com
    i was wondering if there is a way to restore an iPod touch 2gen with a new computer? i upgraded my ipod touch to 3.0 on the other laptop but i dont dont own that no more and i wanna put apps through the new laptop!
    Thanxxs
    Use a program called senuti (Senuti - Download) to get the media off. Use Disk aid (DiskAid - USB Flash Drive for iPhone & iPod Touch. Transfer Files betwen your Computer and your iPhone or iPod Touch.) to get the AppStore Apps off. If you Got them off cydia use a program called apt backup (cydia). Then wipe and re-sync.

Default Ipod touch 2g with 3.0 firmware & jailbreak
    I went to itunes 8 retored to 3.0 firmware then jailbreak it again!

problem:

all my jailbreak apps got lost???

help....what should i do???

i tried to install the apps again it wont work!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

heyy when u restored it back to 3.0 it wipes out everything and its the same with every firmware u restore or update what you could have done is used aptbackup and then all ur apps could have been saved. And u say u cant install ur old apps from cydia or did u just put all ur jailbroken apps on the computer and restored and sync them again back to ur ipod touch coz i did that and it doesnt work b4 i knew about aptbackup maybe just restore it one more time and jailbreak it with redsn0w i dont realli know what else u can do hope it works