Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: NEED HELP!!!! My 2g ipod touch.

Default NEED HELP!!!! My 2g ipod touch.
    So, Today I was playing on my jailbroken ipod when it froze. So I restarted my ipod, then it froze on the start up screen So i plugged it in and waited for an hour and it hadn't done anything so I tried to re- jailbreak and it told me that it was successful but it still doing the same thing. It won't show up on itunes. I need help! does any body know what's going on??

Try restoring to an unaltered firmware.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeckel For This Useful Post:

Keinberger_Matt (2009-08-18)

What's Jailbreak? iPodTouchFanatic's Avatar
    Thanks
    I have no idea, but you could always try and opening the settings through your computer, (not through itunes because of course, it doesn't recognize it), and peek around through there. If nothing works, then your iPod is now an iBrick...
    Will You Be My Friend??????

5. The Following User Says Thank You to iPodTouchFanatic For This Useful Post:

Nope, can't do that. Also, unless you do some fancy things whilst your device is being jailbroken or restored (via DFU mode), software cannot brick an iPod Touch.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeckel For This Useful Post:

Got locked out of my old account. But, I got it fixed all had to do was put it into recovery mode and re-jailbreak it. Still wondering why it froze though.
    <p>Emac 1GHz PowerPC G4</p>
    <p>Clamshell 366MHz PowerPC G3</p>
    <p>8Gb 2G Ipod Touch Jailbroken</p>