Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Rejailbreaking Ipod Touch

Default Rejailbreaking Ipod Touch
    i want to rejailbreak my 1G ipod. it has 3.0 firmware but i just wanna know if i HAVE to restore to rejailbreak or is there a way to do it without restoring it and if i do have to restore can i just put it in DFU mode and run redsnow or will i have to set up as a new ipod.

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

you can just rerun if you want but it is advised that you do a proper restore thus cleaning the ipod of any damaged or unnecessary files.
    Also sticking your ipod in to DFU mode is only good for doing a restore. unless you are following the instructions on the jailbreak program
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to seann33uk For This Useful Post:

NBAball (2009-08-08)

Thanks

Why do you want to RE-jailbreak your ipod?
    If you updated then the jailbreak will be wiped so just jailbreak again.
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

i want to rejailbreak because my cydia wont open. it just goes back to the home screen. thanks for the help Seann33uk

ok i did it but now i have another problem. my name is at the top of the screen where the time is supposed to be and idk how to get the time back there.
    Last edited by NBAball; 2009-08-08 at 04:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

screenie?
    I always feel sorry for the guy in the iPhone commercials. He always gets a call right in the middle of trying to do something

7. The Following User Says Thank You to angiepangie For This Useful Post:

NBAball (2009-08-08)

cant give a screenie anymore cause when i opened cydia it didnt let me install the essential upgrades so i just restored it again as a new ipod and i jailbroke it AGAIn lol and its fixed but thanks for trying to help.

Thanks

haha. glad it's fixed now

ok i spoke to soon lol. when i open cydia and press upgrade on the upgrade essentials it comes to a message that says. "Internal Error, Could not perform immediate configuration (2) on essential". then when i press ok it returns to cydia and the upgrades are still there.

nvm i got help from someone else
    Last edited by NBAball; 2009-08-08 at 06:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost