Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: After installing app ipod goes black, Should i restore with itunes restore ?

Default After installing app ipod goes black, Should i restore with itunes restore ?
    Well about 30 mins ago i jail broke my ipod touch 2gen using this guys video on youtube (he is reputable and trustworthy)

and it worked perfectly. After i updated cydia , I tried to install an app and it worked. It said on the bottom "Restart ipod" or w.e it says once you finish downloading it. So i touched that button and the ipod went black.

i thought (hmm maybe this is what it does to restart) (This is my first time owning an ipod touch)

Its been about 30 mins and nothing.

So i connect my ipod back to my computer and it said it didnt recognize it. SO i went into DFU mode and opend up itunes and it said i need to restore it.

So now im not sure if i should just click restore on itunes, or shift+click it and choose the CUSTOMFW again.

I had the same exact problem and I re did it 5 times although I have a 1g my solution was to download redsnow 7.1 not 7.2 and that worked for me so I would restore to FW 3.0 not your customfirware because when you restore to normal FW it makes it much safer to jailbreak from there, so restore to FW 3.0 and then download redsnow 7.1 and try that