Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Endless apple logo loop on my iPodTouch

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Endless apple logo loop on my iPodTouch
    So my daughters iPod Touch crashed today and when I plug it to try to restore it with iTunes it makes like it's going to turn on the apple logo comes on and turns right back off. It does this over and over again when plugged in. I cant seem to put it in DFU or restore mode. Itunes, iBricker or Ziphone wont recognize it. WTF? It was jailbroken and was running fine Can anyone help?
    Last edited by JD914; 2008-03-15 at 04:22 AM.
    OG iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 4 and hopefully iPhone 2012 =)

it happened with me too, just send it to apple and they'll send you a new one free no shipping payment ether

Thanks

Yeah, it seems like you have a bricked iPod. Not much of an expert but you could try emailing Apple support before sending it in.
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!

well you have to put it into hardware dfu mode, in this mode you shouldn't see anything on your ipod screen. if you see the logo of the itunes and the cable, you are doing it incorrectly.

Try this to restore your ipod:

1. make sure your itunes is on. turn on your ipod, you might see it in itunes or you might not, doesn't really matter.
    2. Hold down the power + home key until your screen goes black, this is key, watch it carefully. after the screen go black wait 2 seconds and let go of the power button, top button, remain holding the home button.
    3. if you did this correctly, itunes will have a pop saying it has found an ipod in recovery. the ipod screen should still be black.
    4. if all is well, you should be able to restore your ipod, or use the option + restore to any other firmware of your choice.

this will solve many ipod/iphone problems. most people mistake is assuming that they are in the right dfu. remember, black screen dfu.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to lamsik For This Useful Post:

canoiphone (2008-03-27)

just keep playing around with holding and not holding the power button and home buttons like the post above said, you'll get it under control.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mrdonbonjovi For This Useful Post:

canoiphone (2008-03-27)

ahh the endless apple...... I added hightymes to my source list and installed one of their apps. Lo and behold the endless apple. Heres what worked for me, first i held the power and home buttons till my screen blacked out. I then opened iTunes while my ipod was not connected. I then held the home button and plugged into the cpu. Thank god my connect to itunes popped up on the iPod and it went into recovery mode allowing me to reinstall my 1.1.1. Firmware. All data will be lost!
    hope it works for you.
    I would have my URL here so you could hear our music but apparently that's sig spam. WTF?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to evolutionarymc For This Useful Post:

canoiphone (2008-03-27)

No you dont need to send it in just do this
    [ame="http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhOX9AG7W_c"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhOX9AG7W_c[/ame]