Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Really need help 3.0 FW crashing problem

Default Really need help 3.0 FW crashing problem
    Just yesterday I upgraded from 2.2.1 to 3.0 I jaibroke it with redsnow and it went smoothly no problems, but I've encountered the same problem 4 times, my ipod crashes when I respring, the problem is sporadic its done it once when I resprung from sbsettings and the other 3 were when I downloaded something from cydia that need to be respringed

~Thank you very much

Is there an apparent catalyst for this problem? Installation, modification or removal of a program via Cydia or a file(s) via SSH? Does it restart with any other push other than respringing or you telling it to restart?

No its always random it happens during a respring whether it be from cydia or manual or from Sbsettings, sometimes it worked sometimes it didnt, however I did finally find a solution, if anyone thinks its worth posting in another section for others to read I would be glad to but I haven't encounted many people with this problem, the solution was to download redsnow 7.1 instead of using 7.2 that solved the problem seeing as my ipod is now running just fine

Quote Originally Posted by Jeckel View Post
    Is there an apparent catalyst for this problem? Installation, modification or removal of a program via Cydia or a file(s) via SSH? Does it restart with any other push other than respringing or you telling it to restart?
    Why don't u try to go for firmware 3.0 first then 3.01 and see if the problem still!
    Good luck