Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Attempted 1.1.4 JB, failed, white lines of text galore

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Attempted 1.1.4 JB, failed, white lines of text galore
    Let me be descriptive: Well, first off, if there is a thread already alive, the search engine didn't kick it back to me.

I HAD a JB'd 16GB 1.1.1 touch (it's a week-38 touch; basically the second batch of touch's that were sent out). I wanted to restore the 1.1.1 and re-jailbreak it on 1.1.1. I read that 1.1.4 JB was pretty far along, and that it was a hard JB, not a soft JB like what happened with 1.1.3, the Oktoprep thing and whatnot. I followed the jailbreak instructions via a YouTube video by ipodtouchmaster (herein "ITM"), and I downloaded a file via RapidShare. Snagged the file - it was renamed "moddedziphone", but it had all the same files shown in the video ::EDIT:: Sorry, the folder was renamed AFTER he made the video is what I meant to say; his folder was called, I believe, Jailbreak ::EDIT:: - and I opened the Jailbreak file within the confines of that folder. I started up the "program" if you can call it that, with a bunch of German scattered in with some English, typed "y" and hit enter to start the Jailbreak.

Going hand-in-hand with the ITM's youtube video, I followed his instructions, and he said when a specific screen comes up on the computer, you're done, and to close it out. Well, my touch kept with the scrolling lines when it should have been the Apple logo. I closed out the program before I noticed this, and now my touch is stuck in the jailbreak white text lines, with this line repeating:

"BSD root: md0, major 2, minor 0"

I tried to restore the touch by doing the whole Stand-by plus Home equals Apple logo, let go of Stand-by and eventually turning into iTunes logo with USB cable screen. Well, after the Apple logo, I let go of the Stand-by button, and the damned white text lines came right back up. I've tried it several times, but to no avail.

Does anybody out there in the InterWebs know what I'm doing wrong, if anything...hell, I'm pretty sure I'm doing something wrong, it's an easy fix, and I've completely overlooked it.

Any help would be MUCH appreciative. I don't want to have a bricked touch laying around the house; this is my only means of music when it comes to portable devices.

Turn off your iPod by holding down Standby/Power and Home. Once it's off, hold down home and plug your iPod into your computer. Don't let go of home until it goes into recovery mode (the usb + itunes screen). That worked for me.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to getisboy For This Useful Post:

Nintendo Tim (2008-03-15)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Every combination, and I didn't even think about connecting to the computer.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

If you haven't successfully jailbroken 1.1.4 yet, the easiest way is to do a standard restore to 1.1.4. Then download the latest ZiPhone, run it, then click the button that says "iPod Touch". Wait about 1-2 minutes and its done.
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

Yeah ziPhone is quick.
    Do not think you can by without restoring though, but I guess you just did. If there is anything on your iPod other than the standard apps, even jsut one song, you will get the bsd error or spamming AT error.
    Otherwise getisboy's fix will work for almost every iPod problem.