Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ipod 1.1.1 wont start

Default Ipod 1.1.1 wont start
    After not using my ipod for a long time i finally turned it on, i went into installer and saw that i had a lot of updates naturally i decided to update them all. After the updating process was complete the ipod (obviously) went through the restart module. Unfortunately the ipod never actually restarted, it made it to the white apple screen where it sat and made the restart "beep" over and over again.. the white loading circle appeared which i have never seen before. Since i updated 11 different things i dont know which one wrecked it or where to post this. The 2 threads i found using search only had 1 reply or so and recommended restoring. Seeing as i have over 2000 songs that arnt backed up id really like to find a better solution it would be much appreciated if someone could help

Thanks in advance
    -Tomas Living Good

Restoring is the only hopeful fix.

Some app versions are only meant for some firmware versions, or come with instructions like "dont update with this firmware version", I would never try to update a list of apps like that at once.

Restoring won't do anything to your songs. As long as they're in iTunes, it will let you make your restored iPod a backup of the one you have right now. Which means you don't have to reenter wifi passwords, contacts, even your carrier image will stay the same.

Quote Originally Posted by wearmaize View Post
    Restoring won't do anything to your songs. As long as they're in iTunes, it will let you make your restored iPod a backup of the one you have right now. Which means you don't have to reenter wifi passwords, contacts, even your carrier image will stay the same.
    Yeah, but he said in the first post he didnt have his songs backed up.