Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do i use a different back up?

Question How do i use a different back up?
    Just so that you all know this is a very unique question, and im new so i have no clue if this is in the right section... Anyways so this is what happened- I had a jailbroken ipod touch (i used quickfreedom) 2.2.1 about two weeks ago. Then, the new update for ipod touch's and iphones came out. I decided to buy it, and it deleted cydia, installer, and all of my cydia apps. This was ok, but i was a little disapointed. Yesterday, i decided to re-jailbreak it using the same software as before. Everything was going fine and i had just restored my ipod when it asked me what backup i would like to use to sync it. I clicked the most recent backup, and it said that this backup is not compatible with the new update. Would you like to set this ipod up as a new ipod? Not thinking, i clicked yes. As it synced, it synced every app i had ever downloaded, deleted all of the pictures i had taken off the app backgrounds, and deleted all my progress in all of my games such as assassins creed, rolando, myst, etc. Now, when i click restore and it asks me what backup i would like to use, all it has is the one from today because it is a new ipod. I would like to know if its possible to find the other backup and use it. If this was confusing, or you have anymore questions, just post them and i will gladly answer.

You can (so long as they aren't deleted). If you sync some more, I believe there will be some more backups to select from.

Default thanks but
    that still didnt give me my progress back in my apps. do you know how i do that?

Can't do that; whenever you restore everything is redone, all progress for apps (except for the default apps and some apps that have that kind of support) and non-supported apps are gone, to never be restored onto your device unless you do it yourself.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeckel For This Useful Post:

SilentPranksta (2009-07-06)

ok thanks. that kept me from farther messing up my ipod to try and get it back...