Results 1 to 11 of 11

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Restoring...few questions

  1. #1
    Default Restoring...few questions
    1) I've read around that if you restore a jailbroken device, it'll get bricked. Is this true?

    2) I really wanna restore, back to 2 months ago, when everything was working fine. Will that restore EVERYTHING, like make it fresh, and all my MobileSubstrate addons and Cydia apps gone?

    3) I wanna try the 3.0 jailbreak. I'm on FW 2.2.1 right now. So, do I restore to the original 2.2.1 firmware (not jailbroken) then update to the 3.0 firmware, THEN jailbreak it?

  2. #2
    Community Manager Bo Troxell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
     Valley of the Sun, ARIZONA ♥♥♥
    Posts
    35,196
    Thanks
    5,590
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by teezy View Post
    1) I've read around that if you restore a jailbroken device, it'll get bricked. Is this true?

    2) I really wanna restore, back to 2 months ago, when everything was working fine. Will that restore EVERYTHING, like make it fresh, and all my MobileSubstrate addons and Cydia apps gone?

    3) I wanna try the 3.0 jailbreak. I'm on FW 2.2.1 right now. So, do I restore to the original 2.2.1 firmware (not jailbroken) then update to the 3.0 firmware, THEN jailbreak it?
    1. no
    2. you can do sync with iTunes to a previous back up, but if your having problems I wouldn't cause it will not cure your problems..
    3. no, just update in iTunes 8.2 and you can go to OS 3.0 then following directions jailbreak.

  3. #3
    Okay, so I restore FRESH to the original 2.2.1 firmware, then update?

  4. #4
    Community Manager Bo Troxell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
     Valley of the Sun, ARIZONA ♥♥♥
    Posts
    35,196
    Thanks
    5,590
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by teezy View Post
    Okay, so I restore FRESH to the original 2.2.1 firmware, then update?
    NO, DFU mode, restore to 3.0. follow this guide

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

    teezy (2009-07-02)

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    NO, DFU mode, restore to 3.0. follow this guide
    Awesome. Thanks a million =D

    I don't have an iPhone!! LOL
    @blkcadi which one do I choose? I have a 2G iPod Touch..
    Do I use redsn0w that jailbreaks 3.0? Like should I just Google something...lol
    Last edited by teezy; 2009-07-02 at 03:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  7. #6
    Community Manager Bo Troxell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
     Valley of the Sun, ARIZONA ♥♥♥
    Posts
    35,196
    Thanks
    5,590
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

    I would at least get a 3G, you know the new 3GS is out also. lots for sale, great deals to be had.

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    I would at least get a 3G, you know the new 3GS is out also. lots for sale, great deals to be had.
    Of course I know the 3GS is out..no kidding, dude lol.
    At least I know what, basically, to do. DFU mode restore to 3.0. Got it.

  9. #8
    Community Manager Bo Troxell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
     Valley of the Sun, ARIZONA ♥♥♥
    Posts
    35,196
    Thanks
    5,590
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by teezy View Post
    Of course I know the 3GS is out..no kidding, dude lol.
    At least I know what, basically, to do. DFU mode restore to 3.0. Got it.
    Chick not dude, no worries dude

  10. #9
    My iPod is a Part of Me bteamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,686
    Thanks
    36
    Thanked 112 Times in 86 Posts

    lmao, and he has a 2g IPOD cadi. Not phone. Teezy yes, you can use that redsn0w.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to bteamer For This Useful Post:

    teezy (2009-07-05)

  12. #10
    Haha, thanks BT!
    Another question; I just updated my aunt's iPhone 3G to 3.0, and mysteriously, her music and stuff remained on the device; apps and all.

    Since I'm on a jailbreak (her iPhone was not), would the update process make me lose all my music? BTW, her iPhone hasn't been synced to the computer yet (the library hasn't been synced at all; brand new laptop.)
    The reason I'm so startled about this is because I'm on vacation without MY laptop, which has all my media, and I'm anxious to update...lol

  13. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    Chick not dude, no worries dude
    OMG sorry !!lol

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •