Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Erm, help? iPod Touch is not being friendly.

Exclamation Erm, help? iPod Touch is not being friendly.
    So yesterday as I was trying to restore my iPod Touch 3.0, it suddenly stopped during the process and i forget what the error message said but I know it stopped right in the middle of preparing my iPod for restore. It is now in recovery mode(yes i know the difference between recovery mode and DFU mode before anyone asks). I didn't think much of it at the time but now i do because iTunes(8.2) will not recognize my iPod when i plug it into my computer, but my computer recognizes it as hardware and in a balloon at the bottom it says "Found New Hardware: A Problem occurred during hardware installation. Your new hardware might not work properly." So I've waited a while and plugged it back in and iTunes still will not recognize it so I can't restore it. By the way, I can still switch it from recovery mode to DFU mode, and iTunes still wont recognize it. It will not even show up in iTunes.

i have same problem ...a solution would be greatly appreciated as i am getting nowhere so far.

also for some reason when i connect my ipod to another computer with i tunes installed it is recognised by itunes and there are no problems..it just wont get recognised by the i tunes on my computer.

i was originally getting error 13 a couple of times when trying to restore.
    ,then i restored it ok on another computer
    ,then i got an error 14 ,i think, when i tried again restoring on my own computer,
    , i then restored again on other computer ok
    , and when connecting with my own computer i get the usb message 'hardware might not work properly' and itunes just wouldnt even recognise it this time.
    --------------------------------------------------
    now after re-installing itunes 2 or 3 times ...after each time i have been getting the following message, when i try to connect my ipod touch to itunes

'This iPod cannot be used because the required software is not
    installed. Run the iTunes installer to remove iTunes, then install
    iTunes again.'

Any ideas?
    Last edited by rockit50007; 2009-07-01 at 11:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPod is a Part of Me bteamer's Avatar
    Thanks

Try different USB ports, and if that doesn't work, restore it on another computer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh