Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Never Jailbroken iPod 3.0 synced question

Default Never Jailbroken iPod 3.0 synced question
    Ok, I have been looking everywhere and cannot find the answer to this specific question . I am jailbreaking my dad's ipod 2g 32gb for Father's Day and really do not want to screw up seeing he needs really bad tomorrow. Now I have been around the iPhone jailbreaking area for about a year and a half, but am not familiar with iPod 2g jailbreaking. Like I said before this iPod has never been jailbroken and about two days was upgraded to 3.0. I have located the 3.0 file along with redsn0w and understand the process thoroughly. He has his 32gb iPod 2g about half full with music, videos, and pictures currently. Should I restore it to factory settings first or can I jump right into redsn0w? I am only asking this because I have not seen any posts about iPods that meet this criteria. Thank you in advance...

Well its up to you. when i used redsn0w , i didtn lose anything but it just jailbroke my ipod and backup your ipod before you jailbreak it

3. The Following User Says Thank You to whoa1993 For This Useful Post:

Bodey (2009-06-21)

First of all use iFunBox (Google..) to backup the music, pictures etc..
    Then just start redsn0w (guess 0.7.1 is current) and follow the text.. if you do everything correctly then nothing should be lost because redsn0w just replaces some of the system files, but does not restore the whole system. Hope it helps..