Results 1 to 7 of 7

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Unable to use my ipod touch since 3.0

  1. #1
    Default Unable to use my ipod touch since 3.0
    Hi!

    My ipod touch has been added to the dev list. I tried to restore a 3.0 beta to my device. But no luck all I get when I plug it in is:

    iTunes could not connect to the iPod "iPod touch" because an unknown error occured (0xE800005D).

    What should I do?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Try this, it has worked for me before:-

    Delete the Lockdown folder. Open iTunes.


    - WindowsXP:
    CDocuments and Settings\USER\Local Settings\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes or CDocuments and Settings\USER0\Application Data\Apple Computer\iTunes

    - WindowsVista:
    CUsers\USER\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\iTunes\ or CUsers\USERS\AppData\Apple Computer\iTunes

    Works a treat and far better then doing another restore.
    iPhone 5s 64gb iOS 7
    rMBP 15" 16gb 500gb
    @c0ff33a and @PhoneMainiac

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Robcoffee View Post
    Try this, it has worked for me before:-

    Delete the Lockdown folder. Open iTunes.


    - WindowsXP:
    Cocuments and SettingsUSERLocal SettingsApplication DataApple ComputeriTunes or Cocuments and SettingsUSER0Application DataApple ComputeriTunes

    - WindowsVista:
    C:UsersUSERAppDataRoamingApple ComputeriTunes or C:UsersUSERSAppDataApple ComputeriTunes

    Works a treat and far better then doing another restore.

    I never plugged my "working" ipod touch to my computer, so I never had a lockdown directory yet... So I can't delete it :S

    Thanks

  4. #4
    So you are getting that message when you are trying to restore to OS 3.0? That's pretty weird.

    Are you sure you are putting the ipod into DFU mode - that's a black screen when iTunes see's it in recovery mode? Before then shift clicking and finding the OS 3.0 package?
    iPhone 5s 64gb iOS 7
    rMBP 15" 16gb 500gb
    @c0ff33a and @PhoneMainiac

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Robcoffee View Post
    So you are getting that message when you are trying to restore to OS 3.0? That's pretty weird.

    Are you sure you are putting the ipod into DFU mode - that's a black screen when iTunes see's it in recovery mode? Before then shift clicking and finding the OS 3.0 package?
    Yes I'm sure, if I connect it while it's not in DFU mode I get an error... So I must plug it when in DFU mode...

    It's been two weeks and no one seems to find a solution :S Thanks

  6. #6
    Are you using a Mac? If not...try this:

    1. Itunes open, touch plugged in and off.

    2. Hold POWER button for 5 seconds.

    3. WITHOUT releasing POWER, now hold HOME button for 10 seconds (both held)

    4. Let go of POWER, CONTINUE to hold HOME button until Itunes recognizes touch (about another 10-20 sec)

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    Are you using a Mac? If not...try this:

    1. Itunes open, touch plugged in and off.

    2. Hold POWER button for 5 seconds.

    3. WITHOUT releasing POWER, now hold HOME button for 10 seconds (both held)

    4. Let go of POWER, CONTINUE to hold HOME button until Itunes recognizes touch (about another 10-20 sec)
    Hi, I'm on a Mac. I tried your trick several times, all I get is: my ipod is recognized as a iPod in recovery mode. So iTunes sees it, but again the restore does not work..

    Thanks

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •