Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SSH with iPhone 2.2.1 using USB !?!?

Question SSH with iPhone 2.2.1 using USB !?!?
    Hi, sorry this is my first post here, I've looked around a lot on the internet trying to find a solution for my problem and after several days have decided to see if anyone knows anything.

I recently upgraded my iPhone to 2.2.1 and was able to jailbrake it successfully and get Cydia on it. However I can't seem to be able to use iPhone Tunnel Suite or anything else like it since I upgraded.

I managed to install OpenSSH by manually adding the .deb file using DiskAid to /var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall/(I don't have WiFi and can't find an wifi access point nearby - I'm studying abroad in China and China doesn't like wifi), it's version 4.7p1-5 which isn't the latest version, but I can't seem to upgrade it. (Can't find a version 5.1 or 5.2 .deb file anywhere.) I installed the newest version 2.7 of iPhone Tunnel Suite thinking that was best, but it doesn't seem to support 2.2.1. I uninstalled it and reinstalled an older version and it just opens the launcher.exe command window and blinks nonstop.

Anyone have any ideas? I've been going through all this to be able to set permissions on the iphone's directories so if there's a way to do that without iphone tunnel suite I'll try it.

You could use MobileFinder found in cydia... But be careful, one wrong move in there and you'll need to restore

My iPod is a Part of Me bteamer's Avatar
    Thanks

^ +1
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Thanks

I am on 2.2.1, but im still able to use iPhone Tunnel Suite

Thanks for the advice about MobileFinder, I looked into it and it seems like it might work. I'd really like to have something on PC to link with the iPhone like Tunnel Suite though. Lach would you mind telling me how you got it work? I could find a way to select 2.2.1 and set all the settings in the 2.7 version. Did you use an older version?

Thanks

Ever since i have been using iPhone Tunnel Suite it has worked for me,
    each time i start a fresh restore, i install openSSH from cydia,

i make sure iTunes recognises my iphone,

then i double click iPhone Tunnel Suite, click on iPhone Tunnel
    i then wait for it to load (it will come up with a bunch of writing and often say theres a security problem but just update the cache by clicking ok),

if u dont get to this step, restart iPhone Tunnel Suite, and if that doesnt fix it restart iTunes, and/or re-connect ya iphone. restarting ya iphone is the last option which i sometimes do.

then when you are able to get iPhone Tunnel to talk to your phone (with the code in the cmd like browser),

click WinSCP button (in the iPhone Tunnel Suite),
    and just connect using the settings already provided.

that has always worked for me from day 1

sorry about the long explanations. i used to not like the short explanations when i was trying to learn from scratch, just made it more difficult to understand, hope this helps!

Thanks

I have DiskAid and iPhonebrowser working fine on 2.2.1

My iPod is a Part of Me bteamer's Avatar
    Thanks

iPhoneBrowser is the best USB connection for Windoze.
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Default are you sure?
    Quote Originally Posted by lach View Post
    Ever since i have been using iPhone Tunnel Suite it has worked for me,
    each time i start a fresh restore, i install openSSH from cydia,

i make sure iTunes recognises my iphone,

then i double click iPhone Tunnel Suite, click on iPhone Tunnel
    i then wait for it to load (it will come up with a bunch of writing and often say theres a security problem but just update the cache by clicking ok),

if u dont get to this step, restart iPhone Tunnel Suite, and if that doesnt fix it restart iTunes, and/or re-connect ya iphone. restarting ya iphone is the last option which i sometimes do.

then when you are able to get iPhone Tunnel to talk to your phone (with the code in the cmd like browser),

click WinSCP button (in the iPhone Tunnel Suite),
    and just connect using the settings already provided.

that has always worked for me from day 1

sorry about the long explanations. i used to not like the short explanations when i was trying to learn from scratch, just made it more difficult to understand, hope this helps!
    typically you don't need to install ssh, all you need is to install itunes and iphone tunnel suite

took me ages to realise that i had problems connecting because I had not too long ago updated to 2.2.1 (and i've had the same problem before EVEN without updating)

but anyways yeah, by install ssh it helped, i did a complete shutdown to free ALL ram, restarted itunes and reconnected

and it works

2.2.1 works fine
    Last edited by astro2; 2009-05-02 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default iPhoneBrowser 1.9 for iPhone 3G 2.2.1FW.. help please!!
    hey sup everyone, im new to the site and hope you guys can help me out. i have a iPhone 3G with 2.2.1fw and i have it jailbroken. im trying to get iPhoneBrowser to work on my GFs computer (windows xp SP3) but everytime i start iPhoneBrowser 1.9 (tryed other ones as well) it says at the bottom
    "Please plug in your iPhone via USB. if it is already plugged in, disconnect and reconnect it" i tryed that and it still dont work, nothing shows up what so ever.. like it can't see my iphone connected to the computer.
    i have these files when i installed it -
    iTunesMobileDevice.dll, Interop.TOLibrary.DLL, iPhoneBrowser.exe.config, Manzana.dll, SCW_iPhonePNG.dll, AxInterop.QTOControlLib.dll, Interop.QTOControlLib.dll, and iPhoneBrowser.exe.

i dont have wifi so i cant SSH my phone..
    please help if you can
    Thank you
    Last edited by dubora999; 2009-07-31 at 02:10 AM.