Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Has anyone jailbroken a 1.1.4 Touch using Mac version of Ziphone or Independence?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Has anyone jailbroken a 1.1.4 Touch using Mac version of Ziphone or Independence?
    I've tried every technique of using Ziphone and Independence I have read about to jailbreak an 8 GB iPod Touch (1.1.4, 1.1.3 out of the box), but have never succeeded. The recent approach of repeatedly clicking the "Jailbreak" button on Windows Ziphone is impossible on the Mac version because the equivalent "Start Process" button stays depressed until the jailbreak process completes (which it never does due to the repeated "BSD etc." output). In the video of jailbreaking using this repeated clicking technique, the Windows Ziphone allows the Jailbreak button to be clicked repeatedly.

I have jailbroken and activated my iPhone after every firmware release since 1.0.1 without serious problems, so I am quite familiar with the process and am quite comfortable with Unix commands, with Mac OS X, etc. I have considered writing a simple Bourne shell script to emulate what might be happening with the multiple clicks:

while [ 1 ]; do
    ziphone -j &
    sleep 1
    done

Anyone have an approach that works?

I successfully did so with mine, but only after a full restore to factory defaults. So, essentially, I was starting out with a fresh phone, which I'm sure, makes the process easier.

I didn't encounter any problems, even the reported issue with YouTube. I've even gotten Customize up & running on it, which has given a lot of people an issue as well.

I can't speak to your specific issue, but I didn't have any trouble with my fresh phone.

ZiPhone is NOT made for the Touch. Don't use it, it won't work. It is for iPhone only!

Quote Originally Posted by teufel657 View Post
    ZiPhone is NOT made for the Touch. Don't use it, it won't work. It is for iPhone only!
    it may not be made for iphone

but it worked perfectly for my 16gb ipod touch

i jailbroke my ipod 3 times