Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1g jailbreak help!?!?!!!

Default 1g jailbreak help!?!?!!!
    I am by no means new to jailbreaking. But I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong on this iPod touch.

I restored and every time I enter the ISPw into quick own it doesn't match the iPod. I've tried both quickpwns and am on 2.2.1 fw. I've tried dl from links and nothing I'm also geting error string file error.

Any help is apprciated

are you using 1g ipod touch firmware?

yeah i think i just figured out it was a 2g ipod. I was going by the serial number which started with 1g.

But i think its a 2g ipod. Ive read on google that it has to be jailbroken different. Is that true??

yeah its very different as of now there isnt a quickpwn or anything that works with the 2G ipod touch for windows though there is something called "unofficial sn0w" which jailbreaks the 2G
    if you give me a few moments i can write up a tutorial and give you a link to a download for unofficial sn0w

*edit* here is a full tutorial i just made with the program you will need
    Last edited by wo0ts; 2009-04-07 at 10:00 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to wo0ts For This Useful Post:

tellytel (2009-04-08)

Thanks alot dood, Hopefully this works cause ive been trying quickfreedom all day and couldnt get the program to make a custom firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by tellytel View Post
    Thanks alot dood, Hopefully this works cause ive been trying quickfreedom all day and couldnt get the program to make a custom firmware.
    no problem
    i've never had any issues doing it this way but ive also never used quickfreedom