Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Want to upgrade to 1.4 from Jailbroken 1.2, but where please?

Default Want to upgrade to 1.4 from Jailbroken 1.2, but where please?
    Hi All.
    I have a jailbroken 1.2 Iphone. When new it was a 1.2 OTB, downgraded to 1.1, then jailbroke to 1.2. I'm been very happy and still am really. Been using all the 3rd party apps, battery lifes great. So in two minds about upgrading to 1.4, but feel I could be missing out
    I've looked around for the guide to upgrade, but as yet can not find the right one. I have am using a pay as you go O2 UK sim. The 1.2 jailbreak have been really stable for me, almost 100% stable. Can anyone who has upgarded their 1.2 jailbroken, point me in the right direction to safely upgrade to 1.4 so it will work on O2 UK Payg. Unless you think Its not as reliable? Thanks for any help received.

Wondered if I should of posted this in the jailbreaking section on this forum? If so please can a mod move it for me? Thanks. Paul
    Last edited by gameon; 2008-03-08 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Upgrade to 1.1.4 via itunes. Once done use Ziphone 2.5 to jailbreak, activate, and unlock all in 1 click. Pop your sim in and you're good to go again.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Nefarious For This Useful Post:

gameon (2008-03-08)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Do what Nefarious said but Restore, don't update it could cause problems....
    If i helped hit Thanks!

Yes. Thank you. I took a stroll over and found what you had said. I now have fw 1.4!! Woohoo!! A lot easier than when I jailbroke to 1.2! Took about 10 mins all in all. Can anyone tell me the diffence though between 1.2 and 1.4?? Is my iphone now unlocked to all networks?? I wasn't on my jailbroken 1.2, could use the uk o2 payg sim though!

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

it depends if you unlocked it or just jailbroke for 1.1.4 features are the same as 1.1.3 look up the update features theres alot
    If i helped hit Thanks!

Well I chose do it all in Ziphone! So is that unlocked to all networks? Id try but don't have another network sim to test!

Thanks

Smile Jailbroken OTB 1.1.2 to 1.1.4 using Ziphone works!
    Thank you very much. I just followed the instructions.

I downloaded Ziphone then downloaded the 1.1.4 firmware from MMF. I held down "Alt/Option" on my Macbook (Mac 10.5.2) then I chose the firmware I downloaded. It took about 20-25 minutes and my iPhone was activated. Quit iTunes then opened Ziphone and chose "Jailbreak". It was done in about 5-10 minutes. Installer then appeared so I installed BSD Subsystem and Open SSH. Just reboot the iPhone and then install Summerboard and the themes work with 1.1.4. I.m very happy to find the right way to now enjoy 1.1.4 and also still have the great 3rd party apps that kept me from upgrading till now. And it was not as hard when I did the jailbreak for OTB 1.1.2. Wow! Amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by gameon View Post
    Hi All.
    I have a jailbroken 1.2 Iphone.
    Do you mean iPod touch or are you just posting in the wrong section?
    Anyone interested in a trade? See here:
    Trade: 16GB iPod touch + case + speakers + CASH for 16GB iPhone

Windows, just another pane in the glass.

Thanks

oops. Wrong section. I meant iPhone. sorry.