Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Attempting 1.1.4 JB, Need Your Comments

Cool 1.1.4 Successful! Thank You Guys!!
    First off,
    I want to thank everyone who gave me suggestions on what errors that I might face when upgrading to 1.1.4 and jailbreaking it.

I had modified this post, which originally said: "Attempting 1.1.4 JB, Comments Needed"
    I had stated that when I jailbreaked the 1.1.3, I failed miserably each time. I have read so many different articles with 1.1.3 being just pure hell for some.

I followed ipodtouchmaster youtube video:
    [ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=qrHCOvyazU0"]http://youtube.com/watch?v=qrHCOvyazU0[/ame]

I followed those exact instructions. What I did while the thing was doing its thing was, I remember him saying that it should take around 45 minutes to an hour. So I got a timer and set 45 minutes and then I went and watched some tv and so time would go by faster. 45 minutes later, I heard the timer going off and to my amazement, my iPod Touch was on the new 1.1.4 firmware. Went in, installed things & it worked like a charm. It freaking works and its better than 1.1.3 I think (though I had problems in 1.1.3)

I installed a few things in installer and it gave me an error. Just re-install the installer and it worked out. So there you have it, my experience. I wanted to share this for those who are thinking of upgrading to 1.1.4, or maybe had some doubts on possible problems. If I come across any problems, I'll post them here. I want to help others, so telling others my experience is a great way to start things off.
    Last edited by ma5t3rw1tt; 2008-03-08 at 04:05 AM.

Thanks

1. Restore to 1.1.4
    2. Ziphone

No step 3.

Phone OK
    SMS OK
    Maps OK
    Stocks OK
    Weather OK
    EDGE/WiFi OK
    Keyboard OK
    Installer OK
    Reception OK
    Dropped Calls 0
    Get "iPod & iTunes for Dummies", it'll change your life.

Wait a minute... Were you asking about a Touch or an iPhone? If it's a Touch question DON'T USE ZIPHONE!!! If it's an iPhone question then follow Eurisko's directions.

GenghisPhlip

Thanks
    if your youtube doesnt work. you need to get the patch from http://www.iphonehacks.com/2008/03/youtube-fix.html. follow the steps provided from SpikeyMikey303. I used a pc for this and a mac laptop for the unlock from ziphone 2.5. everything on mine works including tmobile sim and att.

i'm about to try ugrading to 1.1.4. According to http://www.ziphone.org, you can use ziphone to upgrade to 1.1.4. All you have to do is repeatedly click the jailbreak button over and over again. i'll post if i succeed or not when i get done upgrading.
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

Thank you very much guys for the feedback. It was appreciated. I'm not sitting on the 1.1.4 firmware & its jailbroken. WOO

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by prorgelexbia View Post
    Please don't quote the spammers

someone please ban this guy
    Last edited by Broomhead; 2009-02-07 at 04:02 PM.