Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: dfu without home button??

Default dfu without home button??
    well i just got my friends ipod touch for free and its out of warranty, its home button is irresponsive, i would like to jailbreak it except it seems that in my ipod touches current condition it can not. i have been able to downgrade it to 2.0 from its original 2.2.1, and i understand all of the computer terms used here, except im baffled on why there are 3 apps that can put the iphone into dfu mode but no apps that can put the itouch into dfu mode. So any help would be greatly appreciated. it is a 1g ipod touch so i know its dowgradable, but not sure if its downgradable without dfu... i want to downgrade to get the clockonce app wich is basicly just a home button on your touch screen.

again im just trying to get dfu without the home button I would greatly prefer this one over the one underneath but if ends meet then i may have no choice...

or a guide to opening it and fixing the logic board without replacing it would be good, i have soldering tools and a bit of experience with them.
    Last edited by fenrir911; 2009-03-04 at 03:36 AM.

You could try one of the programs to put into DFU mode, but they may not work. iTunes could help you; shift+click (or alt if a Mac) the restore button and select a lower firmware and it should restore to a lower FW. I wouldn't continue as even though you can have that button on the touch screen, it's very difficult to do much of anything without use of one of the two hardware buttons.

My iPod is a Part of Me bteamer's Avatar
    Thanks

I feel like there were programs that put it into DFU mode without hardware. Im pretty sure ZiPhone can do it. Even though i hate ziphone with a fiery passion. But maybe those programs were only for lower firmwares. :/ sorry i cant provide more...
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh