Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.4 Jailbreak for All iPod Touches

Default 1.1.4 Jailbreak for All iPod Touches
    Ok, so I decided to jailbreak to 1.1.4 because I really wanted wiggle `=] and because I couldn't deal with the constantly freezing keyboard on 1.1.3 JB. Thanks to IpodTouchMaster, I successfully jailbroke it.

Here's the video: [ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=qrHCOvyazU0"]YouTube - 1.1.4 Automatic Jailbreak + get iPhone apps. for iPod Touch![/ame]

What you need:
    -Jailbroken 1.1.2 iPod
    -Wifi Access
    -Fully Charged iPod (FULLY! CHARGED! OR PLUGGED INTO SPEAKERS THAT CHARGE)
    -BSD Subsystem/OpenSSH/Community Sources/Installer
    -160MB free on iPod

1. Make sure Auto-Lock under Settings -> General is set to never
    2. Open Installer.
    3. Go to sources, and make sure you have Community Sources is installed.
    4. Then after that, go to BSD Subsystem under All Packages and download and install it.
    5. Then go to Installer -> Install -> System -> Open SSH and download and install it.
    6. Delete/Remove any third party applications other than OpenSSH, BSD Subsystem, Community Sources, and if you have it, the updated Installer.
    * They can be reinstalled after you jailbreak 1.1.4.
    7. After that, go to Sources -> Edit -> Add
    8. Type in: ipodtouchmaster . com/files/repo.xml (without spaces).
    9. After the sources refresh, go to Install, and then Mobile Jailbreak.
    10. Select 1.1.4 soft Jailbreak +Apps. Install it. Read through the prompts.
    11. After all the prompts it will look like installer froze. It didn't. It's supposed to look like that.
    12. The screen will remain the same for about 30 - 45 minutes, maybe even up to an hour depending on your connection.
    13. If the iPod doesn't reset after 45 minutes on it's own, manually reset it by holding home and power button until it turns off and keep holding it until it turns on.
    14. When it reboots, you can go to Settings -> General -> About and see how relieved you are that it worked. `=]
    15. Then you're done! YAY.
    16 But, one more thing while you're on 1.1.4. Go to Installer, All Packages, and select Bosstool.
    17. Install it. Then press the home button, slide to unlock, and open BossTool.
    18. Once it is opened, go to Free Disk Space, and then click on Relocate Fonts -> Do it!
    19. When iPod restarts, it will look like your iPod is frozen in Apple logo, but that's supposed to happen.
    (It takes about thirty seconds to relocated fonts).
    20. AFter you finish that, go to installer, and I suggest you go to uninstall and select bosstool. Uninstal it: A- because there's no more need to have it and B- I believe it screws up installer.

21. INSTALL GAMES AND FUN STUFF BECAUSE YOU CAN AND RUB IT IN OTHER PEOPLE'S FACE THAT DON'T HAVE iPODS OR IPHONES.
    Last edited by ryanalmightyy; 2008-03-08 at 05:33 AM.
    aim: ryanalmightyy get at me

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ryanalmightyy For This Useful Post:

vimal_o_0 (2008-03-16)

Does this download the firmware? And if so, is it located in /var/root/Media

This is somewhat similar to the 1.1.3 jailbreak. And also, I can agree with the keyboard freeze in 1.1.3, so annoying!

Yeah it's just like the 1.1.3 JB. You DL the soft upgrade from installer. It goes right from JB 1.1.2 to JB 1.1.4. It just takes about 30 to 45 minutes to finish, but hey... it works and it's better than a freezing keyboard. Plus you get WIGGLE!

And I don't know if it's located in /var/root/Media... no idea. srry. =]

What Was The Source Name That He Added To Get The Mobile Upgrade ??

It looks great but video is too fast to write source to add down, do you mind write it down?

Does this method work for 16 and 32 gig ipods as well as 8 gig? I still haven't found a way to jailbreak my bro's 16gig 1.1.4 touch.

Yeah, this works for all iPod's i believe. I did it with a 16GB ipod touch just for a reference.

If none of you looked up yet, I just edited the thread, the source is included under the video.

Did it upgraded only plus was sound quality not worth it huge bugs needs many more fixes.

Any way you could write the instructions down for us? or maybe a script for the video? I appreciate your hard work but the vid is a bit hard to follow.

GenghisPhlip

Quote Originally Posted by YANKEEFAN2THEEND View Post
    What Was The Source Name That He Added To Get The Mobile Upgrade ??
    -----------

If you go the video, look in the description of the video. I think the repository URL is somewhat torwards the bottom.

So, this is like the 1.1.3 jailbreak huh. So this will also fix the freezing keyboard and things & the installer should work without problems?

I have had no problems with 1.1.3 at all. Is it really worth upgrading to 1.1.4?
    Anyone interested in a trade? See here:
    Trade: 16GB iPod touch + case + speakers + CASH for 16GB iPhone

Windows, just another pane in the glass.

formerly known as arturpokusin playful_cyanide's Avatar
    Thanks

I upgraded to 1.1.3 JB a while back, and I had a prob with the network connection. I just said screw it (got tired of the wiggle icons, and didn't really use the "GPS") so i just downgraded to 1.1.1>1.1.2 JB> Crashed...> back to 1.1.1, too lazy to upgrade until just recently, (two days ago) upgraded straight to 1.1.4 (plugged into iTunes, !Restored! to 1.1.4, and the ZiPhone Magic). Works great, only prob is that psx4all ROMs are really big, but that has nothing to do with the firmware.
    Don't forget to hit
    Get your custom MMi Signature's here!

Join the MMi \/\/AVE experience

Now though ziPhone works for all iPods and firmwares.

Is it possible to go from JB 1.1.3 to JB 1.1.4, or does this only work for JB 1.1.2?

Thanks

Eh, I really think that ZiPhone goes faster, but last time I did this, it took about 10 minutes. Yeah I have fast internet! AT&T!!!
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!