Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPod 2G FW 2.2.1 Redsn0w

Default iPod 2G FW 2.2.1 Redsn0w
    ok,
    I jailbroke my 2G itouch using Redsn0w. Works great, but if the battery goes dead, I have to go back to redsnow, put in DFU mode and enter go exit just to boot the darn thing back up. I don't lose data or anything, but it's difficult to keep doing that just to boot

Anyone have a fix for that? Anyone

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

put it on charge more often?

dont use it till its flat?
    better yet, you could just not use it unless u are actually using it.(dont have it playing music in ur pocket wen ur not listening to it. dont leave games on standby. dont have stupid power hungry background apps running.)
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

Default ok
    So, don't kill the battery.. Thanks

I'm asking what I need to do via redsnow to make it so the darn thing will boot on it's own...

This itouch belongs to my 10 year old, it'd be a lot eaiser for me if I didn't have to teather it to the computer and run redsnow just so he can turn it on.

Quote Originally Posted by dominic56 View Post
    So, don't kill the battery.. Thanks

I'm asking what I need to do via redsnow to make it so the darn thing will boot on it's own...

This itouch belongs to my 10 year old, it'd be a lot eaiser for me if I didn't have to teather it to the computer and run redsnow just so he can turn it on.

there is no fix right now

the only way to jailbreak an ipod touch 2g is with the tethered boot, that mean, you must connect it to a computer and 'help it booting' with the redsnow util.

Recently they'd develop the redsn0w0.2, which if you shut down the ipod, you may turn it on 'on the go' [without a computer] but will only boot the 'jailed' original ipod. you don't loose anything but cydia apps and another jailbreak apps won't work. if you want to jailbreak it again you must boot thru the computer like you already does.

I bought a nitro key. Beats pluggin it into a computer everytime and messing around with DFU.

My iPod is a Part of Me bteamer's Avatar
    Thanks

Nitro keys work, but the dev team is close to untethered. Right now they are basically hindered by 6 bytes of unavailable space on the ipod, which. Sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

This is gonna be so freaking awsome when it happens. Can't wait!!

buy the Nitro Key, i have it. it works

where did you guys download the redsnow to jaibreak the ipod? and what else do i need to download to jailbreak my ipod?