Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Somebody please help me!!! Asap!!!

Default Somebody please help me!!! Asap!!!
    hi i just tried to jailbreak my ipod touch 2g 2.2.1 and i went to where it says hold the power and home button for the 10 seconds and then just the home for 8. then it went all black with the apple logo on the screen and nothing happend. i cant turn it on at all or fix it or anything. i plug it into the computer and its not recognized in i tunes. people are saying on here restore to dfu. How do i do that?? please help!!! i have NO idea how to fix it. and i think i really screwed it up.

You can never screw up an iPod Touch or iPhone by software (you have to physically do something). To put it into DFU mode:
    1. Turn it off
    2. Hold the Home and Power buttons for 10 seconds (exactly)
    3. Release the Power button but continue to hold the Home button until it is recognized by the computer
    4. Restore

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeckel For This Useful Post:

SurffinChic (2009-02-23)

thank you! it was 4 30 in the morning wheni wrote that so i cant really rememeber exactally what i did, but it turns on and works fine now. like nothing ever happned. HOWEVER, when i connect it to itunes through the usb it dosent recognize it AT ALL. wont charge through computer wont show up at all. Can you please tell me what to do now? And is my itouch version actually "jailbreakable" yet?? i was reading that its not even official. Im not 100% tech sav with this stuff (as thats what i gt for trying to do all this) so could you please explain to me how to make it show up in itunes and my computer now? Thanks again for your help!

My iPod is a Part of Me bteamer's Avatar
    Thanks

Put it into DFU mode with Jeckel's instructions above ^^^^. Then iTunes will recognize it, and you will have to click the restore button in iTunes. Once you're done with that, everything will be back to normal. And as for the iPod Touch Second Generation (2g), the dev-team has released a very complicated TETHERED jailbreak, meaning that every time you turn your ipod all the way off, not just sleep mode, when you turn it on, you have to have your computer with you, and run programs with your ipod connected. The dev-team has said to not even ATTEMPT this jailbreak, unless you have a lot of experience with computers and jailbreaking. So, I would strongly, strongly recommend you hold off until an easier jailbreak with an easy GUI comes out. Sorry :/.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

6. The Following User Says Thank You to bteamer For This Useful Post:

SurffinChic (2009-02-23)

its really not complicated at all

im gunna make a tutorial right now

gimme like ten minutes

8. The Following User Says Thank You to JStraitiff For This Useful Post:

SurffinChic (2009-02-23)

^^^it is for newbs. Remember not everyone is as computer and iPhone Savy as the rest.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to cricketlang For This Useful Post:

SurffinChic (2009-02-23)

My iPhone is a Part of Me IvanPK's Avatar
    Thanks

If it's a 2G iPod Touch, just hold off on the jailbreak for now until the dev-team releases a un-teathered version. You'll see a lot of posts about it here when (if) it's ever released.

Just restore now and you should be back to original, factory setting goodness.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to IvanPK For This Useful Post:

SurffinChic (2009-02-23)

really not a big deal

if the team releases an un-teathered version just restore

How to tethered jailbreak an ipod touch 2G - ModMyi - Wiki

Quote Originally Posted by cricketlang View Post
    ^^^it is for newbs. Remember not everyone is as computer and iPhone Savy as the rest.
    the only way someone can get confused is if they dont know what terminal is

or is running windows... god i hope no one is this stupid
    Last edited by JStraitiff; 2009-02-23 at 07:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Do I have to already have the cables pluged in to both ends? I have tried it cutting it of waiting and the iPod screen shows the cable and the iTunes logo but it sill never shows up in iTunes for me to restore it? What an I doing wrong? I'm sorry to be a pain, but I really apreciate the help. Thank you!!

you have to put it into dfu mode first

hold the power and home for 10 seconds then let go of power and keep holdin home for 10

just follow my guide after you restore

16. The Following User Says Thank You to JStraitiff For This Useful Post:

SurffinChic (2009-02-23)