Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak Help

Default Jailbreak Help
    I just got an 8GB iPod touch for my birthday. I want to jailbreak it, but I can't get it to work. I have quickpwn, but it won't find the firmware, and I can't find it manually. The iPod doesn't show up at all on my PC except when I open iTunes. I have firmware 2.2.1, and the quickpwn to match, but nothing will work. I even downloaded the firmware separately, but it won't accept it. What do I do? I really want to unlock this awesome piece of equipment, but I need some help.

Default @hockeyjokcky
    have a look here:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVp8jQyB0ns&feature=channel_page]YouTube - Easy 2.2.1 iPod Touch 2nd Gen Jailbreak[/ame]

if it doesnt work go to youtube, find a user called willdta as his tutorial should show you how to do it.
    I jailbroke my ipod 2g this way last night.
    It seems to be working fine, but I am experiencing a few queries with it.
    I have installed winterboard, but cannot get it to work, as when i reboot, it crashes and I have to rsjailbreak all over again, does anyone know how to do a tethered reboot without losing everything and rejailbreaking?
    Help appreciated. Thanks
    Nick

if you jailbreak do you lose all of your music and such?

My iPod is a Part of Me bteamer's Avatar
    Thanks

first off. unlock=to free from a single carrier for use on other networks. (obviously, iPhone only.
    Jailbreak=to unmount the filesystem, yadayadaya to install Cydia and other third party apps on it.
    You must have the latest quickpwn to jailbreak 2.2.1, and what do you mean, you can only see it in itunes? Like you can only see the Upgrade button, or under downloads you see the firmware downloaded. Since you have a PC, the path to your firmware (if downloaded through iTunes) is:
    c://Users/YOURUSERNAMEHERE/Application data/apple computer/itunes/ipod firmware updates
    One, don't hold me directly to that path, it's been a while since i've used a PC, so if it's not there, explore a little, and two, you have to have hidden files and folders showing to be able to get there.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Default PC location
    bteamer,
    You were very close with the location of where the firmware should be, but it is not there. Also, when I said unlock, I did not mean it as to change phone carriers, I simply meant unlock its full potential. As far as what I mean with only seeing it in iTunes is that the iPod doesn't show up in my PC at all unless I open iTunes, when it shows up and starts to sync. I can't find it in My Computer (I know it doesn't show up like a harddrive like the older models).
    Last edited by hockeyjockey66; 2009-02-06 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPod is a Part of Me bteamer's Avatar
    Thanks

It should only show up in iTunes. It never shows in My Computer. And, if there is no firmware for you iPod in that folder, then you haven't downloaded it through iTunes yet. So make sure you download it through iTunes, and then quickpwn will be able to find it.
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh