Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ipod touch crash, restarts itself again and again ,Pseudo Substrate, Watchdog Timeout

Exclamation Ipod touch crash, restarts itself again and again ,Pseudo Substrate, Watchdog Timeout

Hi There.

First greetings from Switzerland..

I Stuck at the same situation ... My Ipod 1 Gen 32GB reboot and reboot and reboot... no Home Screen wont come up..

Heres the last thing i do before it crashed to "Dead"...

Installing in Cydia Updates ... then go to Home Screen start installer install the new installer (Update).. and (maybe the fatal one i do): Replacing MobileSubstrate with a "Pseudo Substrate version" i Found in installer..

Go back to Home screen want start cydia again. but only highlight the icon and then go back to home screen, same appears to every app i try to start..

I found this Howto to temporarly desable watchdog to give springboard enought time to rebuild the installed app cache:

http://blog.zydev.info/2008/08/30/fi...-boot-problem/

I just try this workout at this time.. in the crash log it will show as a WDT Timeout that is the Watchdog Timeout...

So workaround is done but it still restarts after a timeout window..

i temporarly disabled Watchdog and im deleted the APP Cache file to force Springboard rebuild it. but it still starts over and over.. im totaly weird now...

i really dont know what i have to do now ..

Does anyone have a idea how i can replace the Orginal Mobile Substrate back and remove the "Pseudo Substrate" ??

On the info it says "A faster and cleaner implementation of mobile substrate API using mobile enhancer. It also says its made by saurik.

i can get FULL SSH acces to my Ipod Touch in this timeframe over Via Iphonebrowser via USB. does anyone have a idead i can provide all information you needed as crash log's or so..

Kind regards From Switzerland. Marco.

Last Update: when i try to start Springboard via SSH i get this Error:

but i found them in a different Folder /private/var/mobile/tweak_backup so i put them back to the folder above (/System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework) but the file UIkit is 4'662'240 in size is them the right one ?

it's still restarts over and over but i dont have anyomre Kernel Panic's in log...

Anyone have a idea... ?
    Greets from Switzerland..

P.S MSN: [email protected]
    Last edited by Irresistible; 2009-02-05 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Correcting some text + workaround update

I would say just restore the device. That'll give you a clean start and you wont have to worry about fixing it (just don't let it happen again). The easy way to replace the substrate would be to use the installing apps; the mobile substrate isn't just a simple folder to replace. If you want to try it, go. But I would advise a restore (as it is far simpler).

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeckel For This Useful Post:

Irresistible (2009-02-09)

My iPod is a Part of Me bteamer's Avatar
    Thanks

Definite restore. and don't even bother installing Installer this time. Nothing new comes out of it. Ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Red face Last Update from workaround
    Last Update: when i try to start Springboard via SSH i get this Error:

but i found them in a different Folder /private/var/mobile/tweak_backup so i put them back to the folder above (/System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework) but the file UIkit is 4'662'240 in size is them the right one ?

it's still restarts over and over but i dont have anyomre Kernel Panic's in log...

Anyone have a idea... ?
    Greets from Switzerland..

My iPod is a Part of Me bteamer's Avatar
    Thanks

Your. iPod. Is. Messed. Up. Save yourself a whoooollleeeee lot of trouble and frustration and restore.
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bteamer For This Useful Post:

Irresistible (2009-02-09)

Thanx to all, at this time i have saved everything i think i must saved for manually put them back over SSH...

Thread can be closed...

I have just started a new thread about a question to manually add .app's to a catergories.app folder and "wipe" them from the home screen