Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Spinning Wheel Of Death After Doing "Erase All Content And Settings" Option.

Default Spinning Wheel Of Death After Doing "Erase All Content And Settings" Option.
    Hello, I have jailbroken my iPod touch on 2.2 using pwnage tool. It was running fine..the jailbreak was working and everything until I installed an app from Installer called "SwapTunes" (not sure if it's the correct name, but it was suppose to allow the iPod to sync with 2 computers). And after opening it it crashed. So I gave up and a few hours later I tried to open other apps only to find out that they were all crashing. So I plugged the iPod into the computer and went to settings and chose the "erase all content and settings" choice. After an hour or so it completed. But now, it will not go past the boot screen...it displays the white apple logo and after about 2 minutes a white wheel appears on the logo and spins and then freezes...and continues to spin. After about 4 minutes of spinning the iPod shuts off and restarts, only to do the same thing.

I cannot restore it because I cannot find it on my computer...it's like it's not even plugged in.

Any help or is my iPod dead?

I don't know if it's jailbroken still or not.

8 gig iPod touch

2.2 firmware

I am running windows XP and iTunes 8.0

Yes, its still jailbroken...but it doesnt matter.

Place the beast into DFU mode and restore.

I can't...it doesn't come up on the computer

iPhone? More like MyPhone kjack05's Avatar
    Thanks

Plug it in, open itunes then hold down home for 5 seconds, then home and power for 10 seconds and the let off power and hold home for 30 seconds or until it says iphone found in recovery mode. If it doesnt work the first time try again, It will come up. THen just click restore.

I noticed after having a jailbroken phone if you use the erase all content and settings option it will lock up like that at the end, but it doesnt do this with stock phones.
    If I helped you dont be afraid to click thanks

^Yup....and what Jack said is how you place the phone into DFU.

Thanks both of you, it's back to normal now!