Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: idea: custom firmwares!

iPhone? More like MyPhone yomommah's Avatar
    Thanks

Default idea: custom firmwares!
    custom firmwares, is it possable? well it is on the psp but what about the iphone/itouch? just imagine how awesome that would be to have a customized firmware w/ no jailbreaking, no unlocking, ect because the firmware wouldnt be configured to try to stop you and let you go on your merry modding way. does anyone know of any projects about this or better yet any releases?

off topic: when apple releases the sdk will we be able to make it useable on older firmwares?

not much of a use right because if you notice the pattern they can usually just do a soft upgrade within a few days of a new FW

Yeah they can jailbreak the iPhones so fast now it is pointless. But a great idea!

Maybe that would be an issue eventually...

iPhone? More like MyPhone screamo's Avatar
    Thanks

Weird how your idea sprouted like 2 days before the devs announced their 1.1.4 ***d fw video. It's almost you all have the same thoughts!! jk, i personally find it genius only because i download alot of test apps on my touch that crash and i have to restart it all so i would LOVELOVELOVE to have a jailbroken fw for instantaneous fun

I think this is something the original Dev team tried out when they where first trying to JB the iPhone. They found that iTunes would not accept anything except the official firmware, so the idea was dropped.
    Anyone interested in a trade? See here:
    Trade: 16GB iPod touch + case + speakers + CASH for 16GB iPhone

Windows, just another pane in the glass.