Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: From 1.1.3 Fresh install to 1.1.3?

Default From 1.1.3 Fresh install to 1.1.3?
    Hello everybody,

Im having a iPod Touch and want to jailbreak it to 1.1.3 to use there install.app to add more functions to my touch. I've got a fresh install of 1.1.1, How do I continue? Ive followed some jailhow-to's but they all fail.

Thanks

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

I would follow this guide starting at the beggining I have used this guide on numerous ipods and never once ran into any problems. The only thing in the guide that is missing is onceyou have installer on 1.1.2 you need to install community sources from installer before you can find the oktoprep application.

Try the guide and if you run into any problems just post here

GUIDE: Here.

I'll add that to my guide real quick Mirror

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zamphire View Post
    I'll add that to my guide real quick Mirror
    Sounds good, and great guide.

Step 3(stp3). Upgrading to 1.1.2 from 1.1.1 fails, iTunes comes up after trying to put the device in upgrade mode. with 1602 as error. I cannot continue anymore.

Now I'm back on 1.1.1, What to do now?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

if you are back to 1.1.1 then open safari go to: http://jailbreakme.com

let it install and it should put install.app on your ipod then in there. Go into installer hit refresh/reload then under "install" choose all programs and look for one called community sources. You might have to refresh the install list a few times for it to show. Once you see community sources install it then back to the list of all programs you'll see a folder on installer called tweaks 1.1.1 in there you want to install oktoprep.

now follow the guide starting with step #4

1602 & 1603 are very common error codes. Easily solved too. Just restart your computer and change USB ports, that should fix it.

Im pretty sorry but after following what you guys advice, Trying other usb ports and reboot computer wont help.. iTunes gives the same result saying it cannot update. The touch stays on the image displaying a itunes logo with a cable in the screen..

Any other suggestions?
    Last edited by y-less; 2008-02-29 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost