Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ++important Info Regarding Ziphone And Ipods++ Dont Use It!!!!

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Default ++important Info Regarding Ziphone And Ipods++ Dont Use It!!!!
    As the title suggest. It seems ziphone is really flakey when it comes to ipods.

I can confirm that it will not work on a 32gb ipod touch. I have tried it on two different ones. It seems it will work on an 8 gb though.

If you ipod gets messed up, all the scrolling white lines that keep going then you will have to do a restore and start over.

I suggest following this guide, it is thorough and I can confirm it does work.

GUIDE: Here

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to .:MirrorminD:. For This Useful Post:

bravo2red (2008-04-24), GenghisPhlip (2008-03-07), lightmaster (2008-03-07)

Default 1.1.4 jailbreak for 16gb iTouch
    can anyone confirm if it is possible to jailbreak a 16gb iTouch to 1.1.4 firmware? i have one that i got at christmas and it is running 1.1.2 jailbroken firmware. is it worth the upgrade to 1.1.4?
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lightmaster View Post
    can anyone confirm if it is possible to jailbreak a 16gb iTouch to 1.1.4 firmware? i have one that i got at christmas and it is running 1.1.2 jailbroken firmware. is it worth the upgrade to 1.1.4?
    As of right now it seems to only work on 8gb ipods

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lightmaster View Post
    As of right now it seems to only work on 8gb ipods

iPhone? More like MyPhone timbo's Avatar
    Thanks

Default ZiPhone 2.5
    ZiPhone 2.5 DOES NOT work with upgraded 16gb iPod Touches.

I just keep getting "bsd root: md0, major 2, minor 0"
    Thanks,

Timbo

I used it on my 8g.
    Did a restore to 1.1.4, used ZiPhone 2.5 & jailbroke w.installer app.

As stated, ZiPhone will work on 8 gig ipod touch, but not 16 or 32 gig. But support for 16 and 32 gig will be coming soon.

Exclamation Help
    i tried Ziphone with my 8gb ipod touch version 1.1.3 and it keeps saying "BSD root: md0, major 2, minor 0" when it did this i panicked and unplugged it, now it is stuck in a loop. i have tried holding down the power and home buttons but nothing happens, i have also tried to plug it back in to restore it but itunes wont see it.... HELP WHAT DO I DO!!!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steve99 For This Useful Post:

bigtitties55 (2008-04-09), Dave Shape (2008-03-02)

Quote Originally Posted by steve99 View Post
    i tried Ziphone with my 8gb ipod touch version 1.1.3 and it keeps saying "BSD root: md0, major 2, minor 0" when it did this i panicked and unplugged it, now it is stuck in a loop. i have tried holding down the power and home buttons but nothing happens, i have also tried to plug it back in to restore it but itunes wont see it.... HELP WHAT DO I DO!!!
    its a matter of timing. With your itouch plugged into you computer so you can hear the "hardware connected" sound, hold down power and home for ten seconds, then release the power button and keep holding the home button. You should hear the computer make a sound saying that it found newly connected hardware but you itouches screen should be completely white. Then go to iTunes and restore it with which ever firmware you want. If it doesn't go into DFU mode at first, keep trying and it should work.
    "In computer networking, a Media Access Control address (MAC address) is a unique identifier assigned to most network adapters or network interface cards (NICs) by the manufacturer for identification, and used in the Media Access Control protocol sub-layer." (1)

"The Macintosh, or Mac, is a series of several lines of personal computers designed, developed, and marketed by Apple Inc." (2)

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lightmaster For This Useful Post:

GenghisPhlip (2008-03-07), mel (2008-04-16)

iPhone? More like MyPhone screamo's Avatar
    Thanks

Now i was a little too late and i used ziphone on my 16 gig touch. It broke it. I can't get it jailbreakd again man and it's starting to REALLLLLY aggrivate me. iTunes won't let me go down to 1.1.1, 2, or 3 and well, ziphone keeps messing up on me (i tried 4 times after the first time hoping i'd draw some lucky straw and it'd work...worst idea ever)

any ideas or help pleasepleaseplease?!

Quote Originally Posted by screamo View Post
    Now i was a little too late and i used ziphone on my 16 gig touch. It broke it. I can't get it jailbreakd again man and it's starting to REALLLLLY aggrivate me. iTunes won't let me go down to 1.1.1, 2, or 3 and well, ziphone keeps messing up on me (i tried 4 times after the first time hoping i'd draw some lucky straw and it'd work...worst idea ever)

any ideas or help pleasepleaseplease?!
    what is your iTouch doing? If iTunes won't recognize it, read the post above.

Ok i got the same problem as screamo and steve99, i tried the ziphone( on my 8gb, 1.1.4) it didnt work and now the itouch keeps repeating "BSD root: md0, major 2, minor 0" i tried holding the power/home button and letting go the power to get it into recovery mode. but now itunes wont restore it, and ziphone wont do it either. What should i do now?

try putting it into dfu mode, hold home and sleep button for about 8 seconds the ipod disappears from itunes and disconnects. continue to hold the home button for about another ten seconds until itunes detects the ipod, but don't hold it too long. if you get a screen where the itunes logo and a connector appears then you did it wrong. you want the screen to look black, but you also want itunes to recognize it. kind of like following the first part of the 1.1.3 jailbreak guide by zamphire... that worked for me
    Last edited by ryanalmightyy; 2008-03-06 at 03:46 AM.
    aim: ryanalmightyy get at me

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ryanalmightyy For This Useful Post:

bsals (2008-03-23), EHAMBRA (2008-04-12)

ok..thanks ryanalmightly work perfect

Quote Originally Posted by Y-Less of eiC View Post
    Hello everyone.

For the last few days posts has been seen about the ZiPhone 2.5 (or lower) and the device iPod Touch, Huge problems while jailbreaking, Message's like "Spamming AT, waiting for a response".

Okay. Here we go, This is a universal fix (Please follow my guide and do not change to any own direction)

1. Put your iPod Touch in restore mode and restore to the latest version in iTunes.
    (That will be 1.1.4, So do not use SHIFT-RESTORE, but just click restore in iTunes)
    2. When done restoring please fill in the iPod's name in iTunes and unselect sync.
    (You can skip it but its advised to do, I do not know why?)
    3. Close iTunes
    (Just close iTunes, do not end any processes or services.. Just close iTunes)
    4. Download the follow package and unzip wherever you want when your mood says so: http://ric.themoon.googlepages.com/jailbreak.zip
    (And run the follow file "run.bat" TWICE!!)
    5. Your iPod Touch 1.1.4 will be jailbreaked and installer.app will be installed.
    (If it fails, and that will be 10% because i've tested this on 5 different iPod Touch's today. Just follow the steps agian. If nothing happens, Please post on the forums for help).

Okay childeren, Now stop posting those annoying same topics over and over agian! Happy policehunting (Jailbreaking.. get him?) Damn im good..?!

Update: If jailbreaking was successfully please use "Thank you" so I can keep a tracklist of successfully jailbreaked iPod's.

ziphone does work for 1.1.4 but i wouldnt suggest it since its not perfected and has some problems with it in general even with 8gb i touches so id suggest doing like me and stick with 1.1.3

Thanks Mirrormind and lightmaster. I ran a 32GB touch through the latest Ziphone and it locked on the scrolling script. I should have checked here first. Lightmaster, you got me back on the right track.

Thanks again,

GenghisPhlip

For those of you who have trouble getting to dfu mode, I found a program on the internet and, since I can't remember where I found it, I uploaded it to my website. http://lightmaster.tech.googlepages.com/DFU.zip read the readme file, it explains how to use the program.

if you have any questions, pm me
    Last edited by lightmaster; 2008-03-07 at 06:22 PM.

The title of this thread should probably be changed to "++important Info Regarding ZiPhone And iTouchs++ DO Use it!!"

Early this morning, ZiPhone 2.6 was released. This new version fully supports iTouch 1.1.4 firmware. I have been running 1.1.4 not jailbroken because I was waiting for this new version to come out. Just before I left for school this morning, I downloaded the latest ZiPhone and ran it on my iTouch. About a minute and a half later, it was jailbroken and working fine. I installed a modified version of Customize and tested it. Customize crashed the first time as usual, but the second time, it worked perfectly. you can get the modified version of Customize from my repo. http://lightmaster.tech.googlepages.com/repo.xml

lol...and to think i was gonna change mine.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast