Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ++important Info Regarding Ziphone And Ipods++ Dont Use It!!!!

Thanks

This thread should just be deleted.
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!

Ziphone DOES work for the ipod touch.. I used it on mine and a friend's iPod Touch with version 1.1.4. Note these units were freshly restored to default.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iFilipino View Post
    This thread should just be deleted.
    Again...
    Click that "Thanks" button if I helped you!

i upgraded to 1.1.4 and did the ziphone jailbreak, 16gitouch and it worked great...for me!
    <put something witty here?>

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ziphone 2.6 running perfectly on ipod itouch 32gb (1.1.4).
    Remove this thread!

Wait, wait...

I ran ziphone 2.6b on my touch (1.1.4) and it worked smoothly except that I cannot get the new apps working (MobileMail, Mapps, etc). I tried a lot of suggestions to make them work and nothing (they're on the touch but don't have access to it from the menu, it is not a permission problem which are 755). I decided to restore and tried the new ziphone 3.0 (release few days ago). This version screwed my touch and I finally restore it and used iLiberty+. Stay away from ziphone 3.0 for touch...

Don't remove this thread...

ZiPhone 3.0 works fine on my iPod Touch 16GB (1.1.4)
    Last edited by rvpv; 2008-04-04 at 05:45 PM.

yes... there is a working method from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 and soft jailbreak to 1.1.4.... stable... it's got some problems with mail... that i have to figure it out!!! and summerboard... is not active!!! .... this jailbreak works on my 16Gbi pod... that is the worst to jailbreak expecially with a mac... because bounce of easy jailbreak software works only in 8 giga ipod..

Ok I'm confused...someone said that ziphone 2.6 worked for the 16gb touch running 1.1.4...
    But now there's the 3.0 version...does that work?

I just want to know if it works or not. Jailbreak using Ziphone(some version?) on a 16gb iPod touch running 1.1.4 with a conclusion of no problems? Yes/No? O.O'

Feel free to post for other iPod sizes, so anyone else wondering can be enlightened.

Thanks
    -------------
    I looked up iLiberty+ seems it's a well standing program. Does it work for the touches?
    Last edited by Yeti Ninja; 2008-04-07 at 02:45 AM.

I used Ziphone 3.0 on my 32GB touch with 1.1.4. Apparently I was lucky as I've heard many people are having problems with it. The one problem I ran into is that on the included 1.1.4 apps (Weather, Stocks, Safari) the keyboard locks and freezes up the whole thing. What would cause this?

Green Apple
    Thanks

This sticky obviously needs to be removed

I have a 16 GB iPod Touch and I'm confirming a successful jailbreak with ZiPhone using firmware 1.1.4.

I am also confirming it works on 8 GB and 32 GB. (I jailbroke my friends iPod also) Both were 1.1.4 firmware.

sorry bout the ipod touch posts as an iphone member but i just need my friends ipod 8 gb to show up in iTunes and thats it. "Unknown error 0xE8000022" Please just help

Quote Originally Posted by lightmaster View Post
    its a matter of timing. With your itouch plugged into you computer so you can hear the "hardware connected" sound, hold down power and home for ten seconds, then release the power button and keep holding the home button. You should hear the computer make a sound saying that it found newly connected hardware but you itouches screen should be completely white. Then go to iTunes and restore it with which ever firmware you want. If it doesn't go into DFU mode at first, keep trying and it should work.
    OMG this lsaved my life i just got my touch 4 my bday nd dis happened 2 me nd i thort id ruind my presie! thank u sooo much

i jail break ma ipod touch 8gb with firmware 1.1.4 easily by ziphone 3.0

hey i was wondering if there was any way to add applications on2 my jailbroken ipod touch without having to go through safari coz i live in nz and the internet is sooo slow that my touch cant find servers?

um whos zamphire where can i find their jailbreak?

hey how do u apply this onto ur i touch? sorry bout al the questions im not very ipod literate
    Last edited by mel; 2008-04-16 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Confirming a perfect jailbreak with ZiPhone, iPod Touch 32GB 1.1.4, done by a complete iPod hacking beginner.

Quote Originally Posted by mel View Post
    hey i was wondering if there was any way to add applications on2 my jailbroken ipod touch without having to go through safari coz i live in nz and the internet is sooo slow that my touch cant find servers?

um whos zamphire where can i find their jailbreak?

hey how do u apply this onto ur i touch? sorry bout al the questions im not very ipod literate
    You need to download the apps off the internet.

If your computer's internet is any faster, you could SSH or something.

Not much other ways though.

Wait... is cuteftp through wifi? If not then use it. But you still need to manually add the apps from your computer.
    I am Olim. We are Olim. And we just did this- together!

yes i can . my 16GB ipod touch still runs with "ZiPhones" Jailbreak in 1.1.4.

Quote Originally Posted by .:MirrorminD:. View Post
    As the title suggest. It seems ziphone is really flakey when it comes to ipods.

I can confirm that it will not work on a 32gb ipod touch. I have tried it on two different ones. It seems it will work on an 8 gb though.

If you ipod gets messed up, all the scrolling white lines that keep going then you will have to do a restore and start over.

I suggest following this guide, it is thorough and I can confirm it does work.

GUIDE: Here
    actually I got a 32gig for an anniversary present with 1.1.4 on it and I jailbroke it with ziphone and have had one crash in the three months I've had it. Works sweet now IMO

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast