Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ultimate Jailbreaking Guide for All Firmwares

Quote Originally Posted by Riaz93 View Post
    How to jailbreak 4.0.2
    You can't. You will have to wait until a new jailbreak method is available, probably to version 4.1

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    There updated:

Thanks bro

Default Awesome but incomplete...
    ...there's the new ios 4.1 (8B117) and the idiots like me that upgraded before thinking and are now STUCK..
    Do you know of any jailbreaks or ways to downgrade from ios 4.1?

I've read that "only developers" should be able to upgrade to the newest ios but for some reason iTunes detected that it was out there and updated it for me during a restore I had to run because I screwed Cydia up...hehe...oops... really bad screw up.

But if you know of anything to help your awesomeness would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    Rhianna

Yes you can! You just can't jailbreak version 4.1 (8B117)

Quote Originally Posted by Riaz93 View Post
    How to jailbreak 4.0.2
    Go to youtube.com and search "jailbreak (enter ipod touch Gen or iPhone Gen here) ios4.0.2". That's what I did when I had 4.0.2 and it jailbroke perfectly. But be sure to follow the instructions word for word. The following link is very helpful.

Jailbreak iOS 4.0.2 with Redsn0w [How to Guide] | Redmond Pie

cheers,
    Rhi
    Last edited by rhielle; 2010-09-15 at 04:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rhielle View Post
    ...there's the new ios 4.1 (8B117) and the idiots like me that upgraded before thinking and are now STUCK.. :

Do you have your SHSH's saved for iOS 4.0.1 or 4.0.1?

still no available downgrade nor jailbreak for ipod touch 3g mc model v4.0.2?? im stuck now on 4.0.2 mc model for my ipodT3g

please let us know if there is any available.. thanks

I have an Ipod touch 3gen MC model with software I updated using Itunes to 4.0.2. Am I able to jailbreak it or do I need to downgrade the software to 4.0 and then can jailbreak?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jostudly For This Useful Post:

TheKid562 (2010-11-01)

Could someone please reply to my question? Thanks

How do you jailbreak ipod touch 4g 4.1 firmware ?

Currently, as far as I know, You can only jailbreak up to firmware 4.0.1 and if you wanted to downgraded you would have to have save your shsh files before you had updated. Might just have to hold out till the new jailbreak is released. Which from what I read will be very soon.

Okay so I guess there is no point to use Tiny Umbrella to downgrade then. I will wait for the new jailbreak. Thanks

Is the jailbreak out for the iPod Touch 4G yet?

Hi. I know that this question is probably somewhere already answered, but I've spent many many hours surfing and couldn't find an answer to my exact situation.

The thing is, I've bought an used iPod touch 3G, and it had 4.0.2 on it. So, ATM the only way to JB it is to downgrade it do 4.0 or 4.0.1. However, that can be done only if I have saved SHSH blobs, and I just got the iPod with 4.0.2 so I couldn't save them before. The dude who sold me the iPod doesn't even know what those are, however it appears that he had jailbroken the iPod sometimes before 4.0.2, don't know when.

So, I thought that I am out of luck, and then I tried TinyUmbrella, and got SHSH files from Cydia. I could get them for 4.1, 4.0.2 and 4.0, but I don't know how could I get them if that guy doesn't know what they are. I asked him did he pressed "make my life easier" but he couldn't remember.

So, I'm not sure that those SHSH blobs I get from Cydia are "real", I kind of think that it just trows me a response with currest 4.0.2 blob (when I pick 4.0). I've also examined files a bit and saw many similarities in files, but they are not the same (4.0.2 and 4.0 have only a dozen lines of differences)

This is how the reply in TinyUmbrella from Cydia looks like:
    :: pokIt

Do you suggest me to try and downgrade? If those blobs aren't OK, and I couldn't downgrade, will I be able to get back to 4.0.2 or 4.1 and have "regular" unjailbroken iPod? Because this new jb, greenpois0n, won't support my iPod and I know don't want to wait a lot more for a JB that will work, because there's not ETA when will it come)

I've got a 4th IPod touch generation the new one with version 4.1. I Want to jailbreak it on jailbreakme.com but i have to downgrade it .... And i don't know how to do.

Default 4.1 iPod Touch. Apple Communist Society Upgraded to 4.1 HELP
    I have an iPod touch which I believe is 3rd Gen because I have had it for a while. I Jailbroke it this morning and was about to enjoy the greatest liberty in the world when I had something occur that closed out of the Cydia app. When I opened it back up it stated that I needed to sync my iPod. So I did and when I did, Apple upgraded the software, without a back up of previous firmware, imagine that, and now I can't Jailbreakme.com When I go to the website it states that I need to downgrade. Great, but I can't find anywhere that is explains how to downgrade.

This downgrade issue seems to be a little bit dated because some of the request on how to downgrade have been a while so you would think that someone has overcome this problem. I just cannot find where it post any information. So I effectively took the easiest Jailbreak in history and messed it up. Genius huh. Does anyone know how to get me out of the mess I am in?

You can use either Greenpois0n or Limera1n.
    Tima Kudinov

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanguy View Post
    I've got a 4th IPod touch generation the new one with version 4.1. I Want to jailbreak it on jailbreakme.com but i have to downgrade it .... And i don't know how to do.
    Jailbreak it with Greenpois0n or Limera1n on 4.1

Pretty awesome, will link this to my friend when hes rdy to JB his iDevice, Godo job.
    iLike iDevices and Pancakes.

Thanks
    K, I know by all the posts I should be able to do this, but confusing a little bit.
    My son has an iPod Touch 2G, Firmware 3.1.3(7E18), Model MC086LL, Serial # 8M0229XXXXX.
    Anyone know what I should do to jailbreak?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Run redsn0w 0.9.4 and point at the 3.1.2 ipsw.

Or upgrade to 4.1 and run redsn0w 0.9.6b3 on it. Needs stock 4.1 ipsw.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast