Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2.0 to 2.1 carryover?

Default 2.0 to 2.1 carryover?
    I've searched these forums and google, but haven't found anyone with an answer to my question; perhaps it's just too obvious.

If I upgrade (not restore) my 2.0.0 pwned iPod Touch to 2.1, then use QuickPwn on it, will I at any point be able to sync it with my backup from 2.0.0 containing all my App Store app progress?

I understand that I can't just update to the pwned firmware; my iPod must be un-jailbroken and upgraded to 2.1.

If the backup fails, I suppose I can just drag and drop all my progress through SSH, but it'd be a real pain and I'm wondering if I should do that now or if it'll be unnecessary. Thanks for the help.

Well, if you're going to 2.1, all of your AppStore apps will gone on regardless of your status (saving their status, I don't know). Yes, you can put your backup on your device even though you've changed firmware version. You don't need to manually put AppStore apps on your device. Now jailbroken apps, you'll have to redo or copy them to your computer, then back to your device (in the correct places).

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeckel For This Useful Post:

EnigMoiD (2008-09-14)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeckel View Post
    Well, if you're going to 2.1, all of your AppStore apps will gone on regardless of your status (saving their status, I don't know).
    I assume that when you say that all of my Appstore apps will "gone on" you mean that the backup will restore their data, which is good to know.

Another question that I should have thought about is what will happen to the /Library/ folder? Will my themes in there be selectively wiped? I'll assume they will be anyway, I'm just eager for faster backups and installs!

Anything that isn't supported by Apple (AppStore apps and all the default apps and their related information) will be wipe completely off the device. You can save it all on your computer, but there isn't any software out to save your jailbroken apps.