Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPod Touch bricked?

Default iPod Touch bricked?
    I jailbroke my iTouch but then decided I wanted to restore because I haven't got my warrenty yet an dI know jailbreaking would break the warrenty. So I went to iTunes and backed up my iTouch then restored it and restored from the backup and now my iTouch is stuck at the apple startup icon. I can't power it up and I tried the whole hold down both buttons thing but all it does is restart my iTouch and when I turn it back on its frozze at that screen again. Also when I was restoring I got a wierd picture then it went away it was this:
    Please help.

iPhone? More like MyPhone chbearsrock's Avatar
    Thanks

try putting it into dfu mode then restoring to the stock firmware. you can do this by holding the home and power buttons for 10 seconds until the ipod restarts, then letting go of the power button while holding down the home button. you'll hear a ding that will let you know you're in dfu (the screen stays black). also the computer will recognize it as a phone in dfu (recovery) mode, and itunes will make you restore it. hope it helps.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to chbearsrock For This Useful Post:

joewalls12 (2008-09-10)

Thank you! But no ding in iPod :/ At least the computer made me restore its restoring right now I hope it works

Thanks. It's restoring right now, I got the message on the computer saying it must be restored bur no ding... oh well at least it's restoring.
    Last edited by joewalls12; 2008-09-10 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost