Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Very Fustrated=Please help, Jailbreak, unlock Iphone 4GB Model-A1203

Default Very Fustrated=Please help, Jailbreak, unlock Iphone 4GB Model-A1203
    Hi!

I purchased an iphone from around the way and its locked to Att which really sucks. I had a CECT P168 with Tmobile before i got the iphone but i sold the CECT and would like to use Tmobile on my Iphone.

I like how Tmobile lets me pay month to month, and with Att they make me submit to a 1 year contract and they do a credit check sad.gif Thats a no no for me

The model of my Iphone is A1203. Its using the newest firmware.

I have been looking at youtube tutorials and i have had no success.

The tutorial i followed advised me to downgrade to 1.0.2, But i kept getting error in itunes, like..

"the iphone iphone could not be restored. an unknown error occurred 1600"

Is my phone a first or second generation? How to tell if its 3g? Can anyone please link me to a concise tutorial of jailbreaking/unlocking iphone?

I have downloaded many tools, and for some reason they wont execute when i double click them, i get errors.. QuickPwn, WinPawn, Ziphone. These wont open for me.

Please help me. People around teh way are charging 50 bucks for this.

PS. If i try to run Winpwn, or Quick pwn, Ziphone I get an error message that says " this application failed to initialize properly ( 0xc0000135), CLick ok to terminate the application. If i try to use iliberty, it will get stuck when its * entering restore mode* for the first time. It will then give me options to retry, manually do it, or quit. I have manually put it in but the iliberty reads my device as disconnected. This is very confusing.

If you have iTunes 7.7, you can't downgrade below 2.0. If your device has a metal back, it's a 2G phone, if it's plastic it's 3G. If it's 3G, you cannot downgrade below 2.0. If you want 2.x jailbroken, use QuickPwn (works with both Win and Mac). If you have a 3G it cannot be unlocked (by software alone) yet. The error you are getting probably means you don't have the .NET 2.0 update from Microsoft (if you're on a Win machine). If you want a guide, go to BigBoss and look for his guides, they are very helpful. If you have any more questions, please ask!

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

You probably don't have a 3G or else you would know it. "3G" is printed on the back of the phone where it says iPhone. Aside from that, listen to Jeckel

I suppose it is also worth nothing that if it's a 4GB model... it's a 2G (1st gen)
    Last edited by sziklassy; 2008-09-05 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Thanks. I'm using 7.7. I will download 7.6 Is that ok?

I will install.net 2.0

Thank you so much.

I appreciate the help.

Going to work, will report back in due time.

Thanks!

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Good luck. Let us know
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

My iPod is a Part of Me bteamer's Avatar
    Thanks

sorry but you're gonna get moved soon. this is for ipod touch stuff only.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Hey peeps, i managed to jailbreak/unlock the iphone!

The only thing is i can't browse the internet. I can send text messages though. When i go to a web page it tells me page can't load then it says " could not activate cellular data network: You are not subscribed to a cellular Data service". Is this something i have to chat with suncom/t mobile about or is there a setting i should use for the iphone.

Please let me know, and Thanks for the help. I mean it.

THANKS!
    Last edited by Donnyten; 2008-09-06 at 08:51 AM.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

You need to sign up for at least the $5.99 internet plan then do a search for the T Zones hack. You won't be able to get on YouTube with it but works for maps and internet browsing.
    Don't forget the Thanks if I helped

Thanks!

I was in the process of changing to the total net package but i was sent to technical support and the guy had me put in something in the APN field. I was under the impression the sidekick unlimited plan didn't work but i seem to be able to access the net, AND WATCH YOUTUBE VIDEOS!

Guys again, thanks for the help! i would have been on youtube for decades trying to figure out how to jailbreak/unlock my phone, there are so many tutorials. The only the the guy said was that sometimes when i turn off the phone and turn it back on, i will need to re enter the APN again. Is there a way around this?

My iPod is a Part of Me bteamer's Avatar
    Thanks

Mod please move this to iPhone general chat. This is now where near iPod Touch topics.
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Can you tell me how you ended up unlocking it!? Thanks.. I am having some of the same problems. Major one being of course that I can't unlock the thing.

Sure! Not sure what firmware you are running but i'm running 2.0

Its really easy for me to do now.

You'll need Firmware 2.0- This site

You will need Itunes 7.5-http://www.filehippo.com/download_itunes/3402/

A tool called QuickPwn- I followed this tutorial-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6U1C5pu9yI

Annddd. . Thats it