Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: My Ipod wont reboot.

Default My Ipod wont reboot.
    I have an Ipod Touch 32 gig tried jailbreaking it with ziphone 3.0 and now the screen reads:

BSD root: md0, major 2, minor 0 over and over again...

Holding down the home and sleep buttons don't work even if i hold them for few minutes. I dont know what to do...

Well, holding them down for minutes does nothing. Are you following the DFU steps?

1. Power and home for 10 seconds exactly
    2. Releasing power and holding home until read by computer

This is something that really needs a restore, just have to get into a restore mode.

thanks for the quick reply, i have tried holding it for exactly 10 sec. 11 sec. etc its doesnt turn off my computer doesn't recognize the ipod is connected at all : ( ziphone searches for the ipod even when its connected : (

That's odd, I wouldn't suspect that DFU is failing. It is highly unlikely that your device is gone forever as there isn't a thing I know of (software side) that can destroy an iPod touch. Try doing less time with the power and home buttons held down. If that doesn't get it recognized by the computer, try:

1 Attach the phone to the pc
    2 Turn the phone off
    3 Press and hold power. Keep holding power. As soon as you see display on the screen of any sort press and hold home.
    4 Hold power and home together for *exactly* 10 seconds
    5 Release power but keep holding home until the pc beeps as a USB device is recognized.
    * At no point will the display come on. Now your restore should work.
    (Source)

Keep trying methods from the source page as there isn't a reason that DFU methods shouldn't work.

But, this is a lesson: jailbreaking is at your own risk. Things like this can happen, you just need to work harder to make them right.

Also, dump ZiPhone. It has the highest risk of error (because of its method), if you don't want to restore, QuickPwn is a far superior option.

My iPod is a Part of Me bteamer's Avatar
    Thanks

And thats why we love DoerrFan!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

you guys, apple was not able to fix my ipod. i sent it into repair and THEY COULD NOT FIX THE PROBLEM!!! They also gave me a brand new 32 gb model