Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iTunes identified my iPhone as an iPod and showed me this message error -11

Default iTunes identified my iPhone as an iPod and showed me this message error -11
    Hi,
    I believe im in a serious problem here
    my iPhone orginally is 1.0.2 which I unlock it to be used with a diffrent carrier; later I've upgraded to 1.1.1 and unlocked it too and worked fine; 1 week ago I've tried to upgrade it to 1.1.3, but I followed the forums but didn't work, I've tried then to upgrad to 1.1.2, it worked for a day but it kept crashing; so I've decided to upgrade to 1.1.3 but it failed and the phone is locked; now my iPhone has the 1.1.3 installed in but unlocked

I've then tried some of the fourms which says that I have to put my iPhone in DFU mode, and I've did, but not even the very new message that appeared, iTunes now identify my iPhone as iPod

here is the message that first came up as soon as my phone entered the DFU mode
    "The iPod "iPod" could not be restored. an unknown error occurred(-11) "

I need help!

Thanks,

Hey,
    I've managed to solve this
    what I had to do is to use Iphuc for windows but with a small modification to the package which is to replace the file WTF.s5l8900xall.RELEASE.dfu that comes with it with the one extracted from iPhone1,1_1.1.1_3A109a_Restore.ipsw; to do the extract you simply rename the file to .zip instead of .ipsw and extract the file anywhere in your hard drive, then after, search for the file WTF.s5l8900xall.RELEASE.dfu and replace the one withthe IPhuc package with this one

then the rest of the steps are easy

* double click IPhuc.exe
    write the following in the command shell
    * enterrecovery
    * filecopytophone WTF.s5l8900xall.RELEASE.dfu
    * cmd go

Then Exit iPhuc and open iTunes, then hold shift and click on restore.

Choose the 1.1.1 firmware from before and pray that it works. (I did

Go on with the TouchFree process (jailbreakme.com, OkToPrep, etc.) to complete the jailbreak

Good luck
    Last edited by damisi; 2008-02-19 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Question iTunes show device as 'untitled playlist'
    i have done similar steps. but don't know why when i connect iphone to itune, on the left panel under devices, it show as 'untitled playlist'. Although i can still syn, but how can i change the name as it in my iphone (under the setting/general/about - it shows daniel's iphone. why itune not recognise? i am using itune 7.5 and iphone running on 1.1.1.