Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia consistently kills iPhone 3g requiring restore

Default Cydia consistently kills iPhone 3g requiring restore
    Well, I've tried two phones now and each time running Cydia on the latest 2.0.2 firmware, and jailbreaking using both quickpwn and the new winpwn results in the same thing, a frozen at the apple logo phone.

Generally the problem occurs during an install of apps from Cydia. Using Installer has yet to have any issues. Cydia will run through some process then either lockup OR lockup moving to the main iPhone menu. In most cases there will be the spinning hourglass in the middle of the screen probably indicating that Cydia is working on something prior to closing.

I have to say, I don't know if it's shitty Apple software or shitty other software, but it's getting old.

If I don't jailbreak the phone, or don't run Cydia I have no problems.

Two phones, the second without anything from the old phone touching it, would indicate it's not the hardware.

Getting sick of looking at the Apple logo of death on restart

iPhone? More like MyPhone Beva922's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm running 2.02 as well with no problems...did you check for updates or install new updates prior to installing any software?....and with winpwn did you select youtube fix...?

Also, do you mean it's rebooting or is it respringing? If it is stuck on the boot (Apple pic), how long do you wait before you do something (same goes with the spinning wheel [respringing])? I know that the AppStore likes to reboot my device from time to time when installing/updating. What versions of WinPwn/QuickPwn are you using?

This thread is obsolete. Please see the similar threads in the iPhone pwnage forum along with Cpjr's thread on "getting stuck at the apple logo". It's late and I'm too lazy to find the links

My iPod is a Part of Me bteamer's Avatar
    Thanks

See here for help.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    LOL! DOesnt everyone know that only real women know how to handle a stick?
    Quote Originally Posted by ALL DAY View Post
    As long as Miguel can blow...he's straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by bhz1 View Post
    I dread that first dusting of the white stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    ready for a romp buddy? ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh