Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: how to jailbrk?..neubee

Default how to jailbrk?..neubee
    hi all...have just bought new i touch, officially, and registered the same thru itunes...itune displays version as upgraded 1.1.3....how do I jailbreak ..i read somewhere that it has to b downgraded to lower version bfore jailbreak,or shuld I upgrade to 2.0 then jailbreak,whichever is not complicated

Well, you have 3 choices:

1. Stay at 1.1.3 (no reason to be going lower), use iLiberty(Win)/iBrickr/iNdependence(Mac)
    2. Go to 1.1.4 (stabler/more stable) using methods above
    3. Go to 2.0/2.0.1/2.0.2 and use Pwnage(Mac)/WinPwn(Win)/QuickPwn(Win)

If going to 2.x, I suggest QuickPwn.

And this is up to you, there are more programs for 1.1.x than 2.x, but you get the AppStore with 2.x firmware.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeckel For This Useful Post:

dheerpat (2008-08-26)

THNX JECKEL..took less than2 minutes to jailbrk using ilberty+(though no idea how to upgrade to 1.1.4 as us suggested..)..i could see insatller icon on the home screen..when i truned wifi on and clicked it i cud see applications list under various category..i cud install only a couple like domino and aquarium..

if i want to install more other than those listed,,where can i look for,,how do i install them

You can add repo(sitorie)s that have different apps and tweaks for your liking. You can look on certain sites for the names.

And to upgrade (to 1.1.4), just download 1.1.4 firmware (BE SURE it's the correct firmware for your device!) from a site (Google it), then in iTunes shift+click 'Upgrade' and search for the firmware you downloaded. But that does mean that you will have to re-jailbreak, as upgrading and restoring wipes that status (and all of the apps that were on the device).