Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: this has gotta be a joke

iPhone? More like MyPhone screamo's Avatar
    Thanks

Default this has gotta be a joke
    okay so EVERY time i've upgraded to jb 1.1.3 my ipod screws up on me within the first 24 hours of using it. I've tried getting to 1.1.3 sic different times now and i'm just doing one smashing job of losing at this game. Can someone tell me EXACTLY what to download what from installer...pretty much just the soft upgrade package cause for the past 2 hours my ipods been trying to finish the "20 minutes process" from the "soft upgrade 1.1.3" package and is not going anywhere. Its been stalling at the apple logo screen and has a loading sign in the middle of the screen as well. It makes some weird noise every 30 seconds too. I used the dev team 1.1.3 upgrade package from installer this time. i usually use NateTrue's ibrikr but i didn't have internet connection at the time.

So my main question is:

what is the exact location for the 1.1.3 soft upgrade i need for the dev team's 1.1.3 upgrade? (I just realized that i don't think it needs that...damn)

you have most likely figured out by now but if you still don't know just go to installer and install official 1.1.3 jailbreak from the deb team it isualy takes 20 but can go
    much longer this is a fully automated process so it all there

hey man i had this same problem going to 1.1.3 before you install the 1.1.3 upgrade from the installer turn the phone off and then use it alittle on 1.1.2. then you can install 1.1.3 and it will not stall and crash (had same problem and this worked for me). the 1.1.3 install took me like 2 hours to do it kept on stalling at 76% then i restarted it the 80% and so on. so do this and it should work. it did for me. if you have more questions give me a shout.

I had a similar problem. I finally got to 1.1.3 jailbroken, and when I installed summerboard, it said to reboot, and when I did, it froze on the apple screen, then the loading spiral came on atop the apple, then that froze and another one piled on top of it, which, in turn, froze and another piled atop that. This continued until I restored to 1.1.1 and jailbroke to 1.1.2. At that point, I said **** it, I'm keeping 1.1.2. It's more stable.

iPhone? More like MyPhone screamo's Avatar
    Thanks

good news, I fixed that problem. Bad news - I broke my iPod. Its not really broken but its not jailbroken anymore. I can't go down to 1.1.1 anymore. I'm on 1.1.4 right now. I get some error message that ends in (1), how can I fix it? My iPod is really boring right now unjailbroken.

Try going to this site and watch the video about 3/4 of the way down the page. It tells you why you are getting the error message that ends in 1.

http://ipodtouched.blogspot.com/