Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: problem synching after single use of iphuc

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Unhappy problem synching after single use of iphuc
    How sad is this - I'm trying to jailbreak the phone. I need to downgrade from a new 1.1.3 (software update) and I think I screwed up on the very first step.

The first step for me was to use iPhuc to enter recovery mode and then copy the WTF file to the pod before I install 1.1.1 . I typed in the instructions:

enterrecovery
    filecopytophone WTF.s5l8900xall.RELEASE.dfu

Then it said the 'command filecopytoiphone' not found. It hung and I closed it. Unfortunately, I think part of it was that I was using iTunes 7.6 - didn't realize until after that this can make a big difference.

Since then the touch no longer syncs with this computer (on any account) and I have restarted and deleted. It does sync with other computers. I have restarted it, and deleted and retried to use iphuc. Now iphuc keeps saying:

USBMuxListenerCreate: No such file or directory
    CFRunLoop: Waiting for iPhone.

And it hangs. I reinstalled itunes.

I had itunes 7.6 on the computer at the time ... oops. But I went back to 7.4.2 (after an appzapper uninstall), still no avail.

Outside of a clean reinstall of my main work computer, I am currently pretty stuck.

Thoughts?

iPhone? More like MyPhone screamo's Avatar
    Thanks

okay so from my experience with playing around with my touch I've never had to enter on commands or use iphuc. If your trying to downgrade to 1.1.1 just download the ipsw (I have it on my computer so if you can't find it I'll see if I can upload it somewhere for you). Once you obtain 1.1.1 open itunes with your touch in and hold shift and click update (I think that's what it is, the button above restore when your viewing your iPod). Direct it to the 1.1.1 file and click open, let it do its thing, your iPod will reset and it'll come back on running 1.1.1!!

okay so from my experience with playing around with my touch I've never had to enter on commands or use iphuc. If your trying to downgrade to 1.1.1 just download the ipsw (I have it on my computer so if you can't find it I'll see if I can upload it somewhere for you). Once you obtain 1.1.1 open itunes with your touch in and hold shift and click update (I think that's what it is, the button above restore when your viewing your iPod). Direct it to the 1.1.1 file and click open, let it do its thing, your iPod will reset and it'll come back on running 1.1.1!!
    Last edited by screamo; 2008-02-07 at 07:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Helps with the jb, not with the sync
    Thanks, man. That should help with the jailbreaking. I'll have to do it on my other computer. However, it doesn't treat the current problem of synching on this computer.

I think I might be out of luck, but I can't understand how a simple command script could ruin my ability to sync with the phone. sigh.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to blurky For This Useful Post:

screamo (2008-02-08)

iPhone? More like MyPhone screamo's Avatar
    Thanks

So the computer you were originally working your iPod on is now broken because if the command script? That sucks. Im not good with fixing things so i cant really help you there, i wish i could though.