Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPod touch horrible glitch help me

Exclamation iPod touch horrible glitch help me
    Jailbroke ipod touch to 2.0.1 with winpwn correctly, i downloaded apps online and installed a hacked version of the mobileframework, apparently however it screws up my music because iTunes syncs the music to the ipod but when i go to the music on my ipod it says there isnt any, at all. I rebooted 4 times, spring boot etc, and then i restored it, and did the mobile framework again thinking it wasnt the problem, apparently it is i guess because I went into the general settings and told it to erase all settings data etc., now it is stuck at the boot logo of winpwn, (iPwned w/ winpwn.gif). Anyways i guess no one else has had this problem and hope some of you guys can speak up and tell me or someone can tell me how to fix it, btw itunes wont recognize while it is still booting so restoring is out of the question thanks!

updateut it into dfu while plugging into comp, turns out it isnt the mobileframework hack it is actually Cydia , shortly after restoring and syncing, music played fine and videos worked, i then proceeded to Cydia, it asked to allow updating, I said yes. Right after it was complete, my music and videos no longer worked, hopefully someone knows what I am talking about because I might just have to go to an original version of 2.0.1 or something
    Last edited by omerta13190; 2008-08-20 at 09:00 AM. Reason: error in accusation

It would be odd that Cydia would cause the music and videos to cease functionality. Restore once again (to an untouched firmware), sync music and videos and check functionality. After which, use WinPwn (or QuickPwn, now that it's out) and see if the music and videos work then (DON'T open up Cydia yet). Then have Cydia update itself and check the functionality of the music. Don't divert and add anything else.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Renblade's Avatar
    Thanks

get the device into DFU mode and I can almost guarantee that it will recognize your device in iTunes. But you will obviously be forced into restoring your device.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeckel View Post
    It would be odd that Cydia would cause the music and videos to cease functionality. Restore once again (to an untouched firmware), sync music and videos and check functionality. After which, use WinPwn (or QuickPwn, now that it's out) and see if the music and videos work then (DON'T open up Cydia yet). Then have Cydia update itself and check the functionality of the music. Don't divert and add anything else.
    i did so, used it entirely today, turned it off on like 6 times and didnt update cydia, it worked completely fine. Then i did the update at 11 pm it upgraded the "essentials" which to me seemed essentially useless, it said to reboot Cydia, which it did by itself, then i decided to reboot the ipod itself, then start cydia again. It said it was re-orgainizing blah blah it will re-open when complete, it did so. I exited and then checked my music and sure enough it was all missing, it said to go buy some off iTunes or sync it to my computer. it is official now for me, Cydia blows huge chunks all over my iPod.

I (the author of Cydia) /do not/ support WinPwn. If you use WinPwn to install Cydia then you get /no/ support from me. If I could detect WinPwn having installed Cydia and provide a different message in the website that you get when you open Cydia I would: it doesn't work, the author doesn't care /at all/ about getting things right during and install, and you /should not/ use it.

I also pwned my iPod touch with 2.0.1 and I have the same problem. After installing a bunch of cracked ipa files (all 10 pages) and installing them on my ipod, i rebooted my ipod and when i go to the music on my ipod it doesn't show up, even though it does in itunes and in winscp.
    I restored with the same xustom firmware a few times and it has happened every time. I'm also wondering if other people have this problem also.

I currently have a clean pwned 2.0.1 firmware and i have only installed apps from cydia and have no problems yet, so i'm guessing it has something to do with the hacked mobileinstallation file and the installation of cracked ipa's.
    Last edited by one_cloud; 2008-08-21 at 09:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by one_cloud View Post
    I also pwned my iPod touch with 2.0.1 and I have the same problem. After installing a bunch of cracked ipa files (all 10 pages) and installing them on my ipod, i rebooted my ipod and when i go to the music on my ipod it doesn't show up, even though it does in itunes and in winscp.
    I restored with the same xustom firmware a few times and it has happened every time. I'm also wondering if other people have this problem also.

I currently have a clean pwned 2.0.1 firmware and i have only installed apps from cydia and have no problems yet, so i'm guessing it has something to do with the hacked mobileinstallation file and the installation of cracked ipa's.
    thats what i though so i didnt do that and restored my ipod, then updated cydia and it occurred, cant blame saurik he doesnt want to deal with this problem until he says its ok to use, ill just use installer for now, saurik has good ideas heading our way

Quote Originally Posted by one_cloud View Post

That's what you can get from cracked/hacked apps, they have a higher risk of causing issues. So unless you desperately want them and are risking your device for them, by all means, use them. Nothing to prevent you.

im having the same problem, it sux major cajones

Quote Originally Posted by omerta13190 View Post
    itunes wont recognize while it is still booting so restoring is out of the question thanks
    Okay, I hate it when people say this (and it's nothing against you, of course), but here is the most important rule of thumb when dealing with an "OMFG MY IPOD IS BROKEN FOREVER" problem:

No matter what you do to your ipod internally, you can ALWAYS restore it to factory settings.

How this is achieved, however, can be done in a few ways. One way is to put the iPod into DFU mode/restore mode/whatever mode and do it that way. Google it for instructions.

But have no fear, and it's important to never panic. There is always a fix.
    Blah

Quote Originally Posted by wilmat09 View Post
    Okay, I hate it when people say this (and it's nothing against you, of course), but here is the most important rule of thumb when dealing with an "OMFG MY IPOD IS BROKEN FOREVER" problem:

No matter what you do to your ipod internally, you can ALWAYS restore it to factory settings.

How this is achieved, however, can be done in a few ways. One way is to put the iPod into DFU mode/restore mode/whatever mode and do it that way. Google it for instructions.

But have no fear, and it's important to never panic. There is always a fix.
    wow no way, i think like 3 posts up i state that i restored it without the mobileframwork hack and it still occurred, but thank you so much for your input, because it just clears up my problem too! apart from that, i retried 2.0.1 without updating cydia and only using Install v.4, it appears it has the same problem, i think the problem may occur when respringing the ipod or simply whatever cydia and installer do, i have dropped down 1.1.4 as it is extremely stable and works with both of these packages correctly thanks for your help guys especially the guy im quoting

so what's the fix?

Download iTunes 7.7.0.43 - FileHippo.com

download that version of iTunes and reinstall, then from version 2.0.0 or 2.1, restore it AGAIN to 2.1 or 2.0 or whatever you prefer. It will then work I still have that version of iTunes in that link above, just in case it only occurs with the new version, anyways that fixed mine and I sync music and cydia etc. really really great!
    1. Uninstall your itunes and reboot
    2. Download that link above for that version of iTunes and install it
    3. if your ipod/iphone is currently messed up because of that glitch, simply restore it back to the ORIGINAL(not custom).
    4. You now have it working normally, now you can jailbreak it, I only did step 3 because I wanted to make sure most of the crap I had on it was erased etc. you can just do step 3 and 4 together... good luck
    Last edited by omerta13190; 2008-09-11 at 10:47 PM.

Thanks

dfu restore.

ok, this is what i found that causes it. I got this problem the one and only time i actually let my ipod back-up all the way (like complete the backup process). I had to restore my ipod and then i let it back up again and i noticed the same thing. ALSO, my sister had a non-jailbroken ipod yet hers did the same thing!!! so cause-effect: backup=no content well that's just my cause i dont know if its urs but it might help.

My iPod is a Part of Me bteamer's Avatar
    Thanks

dude you were probably just restoring from backup of yadayada. I f you do that, your going to havethe exact same problem you had before you restored because it's putting it back on from the backup. AlwAys set up as new iPod.