Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Trying to restore an iPod Touch that won't fully boot, some sort of recovery mode?

Default Trying to restore an iPod Touch that won't fully boot, some sort of recovery mode?
    I sold my iPod Touch, which was Jailbroken to 2.0.0 with WinPwn, to a friend. He used the Reset Everything button right on the iPod touch. Now he says that when he tries to start up the iPod it loads for an hour or so then shuts off. He also says he can't get the computer to recognize the iPod.

Is there some sort of recovery mode he can put the iPod into so that the computer can see of and he can restore it?

DFU mode (Default Failsafe Utility, I think); to get into it:
    1. Hold the power and home button for 10 seconds (exactly)
    2. Release the power button and hold the home button until it's detected by computer
    3. Restore
    The screen should be black, if there's the iTunes icon and the connector on the screen, you're in recovery mode (which is almost the same, but the DFU does much more extensive things). If you keep going into recovery, I think the procedure is to unplug the device as soon as you hear the 'boop' confirming the device is seen, then replugging it later (unsure, but you can try.)

Quote Originally Posted by Benz145 View Post
    I sold my iPod Touch, which was Jailbroken to 2.0.0 with WinPwn, to a friend. He used the Reset Everything button right on the iPod touch. Now he says that when he tries to start up the iPod it loads for an hour or so then shuts off. He also says he can't get the computer to recognize the iPod.

Is there some sort of recovery mode he can put the iPod into so that the computer can see of and he can restore it?
    ok so it is stuck trying to load up i have had this problem before, what to do is to turn it off, by holding home and power then it will shut off (duh). then hold home down for like however long it takes and make sure itunes is up and running then plug it in, when itunes is trying to boot it, holding home forces it into recovery mode, and voila tell him to restore it and blah blah