Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.4 to 2.0.1

Default 1.1.4 to 2.0.1
    Hi

I'm a bit new to the 2.0 scene and I decided to upgrade my iPod Touch from a 1.1.4 JB to a 2.0.1.

The thing that I would want to confirm is that can this be done directly using winpwn, or do I need to buy 2.0 from iTunes before I can JB 2.0.1

Thanks

sHubH

You can buy it, upgrade then jailbreak; or you could download 2.0.1 (or 2.0.2) firmware from the internet, jailbreak it, then put it on your device. Although, it's advised that you upgrade to 2.0 (somehow), then load the jailbroken firmware onto the device.

I have no problems with buying the update.. so you're suggesting buying and upgrading to latest, then using quickpwn to JB?

sHubH

Hmm.. I followed all the WinPwn steps but my phone refuses to stay in DFU mode, it is always kicked into recovery mode ><
    Last edited by shubhangam; 2008-08-19 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by shubhangam View Post
    I have no problems with buying the update.. so you're suggesting buying and upgrading to latest, then using quickpwn to JB?

sHubH

Hmm.. I followed all the WinPwn steps but my phone refuses to stay in DFU mode, it is always kicked into recovery mode ><
    Upgrade to 2.0.1 without pwning (you don't need dfu to do this). After you upgrade to 2.0.1 you'll be able to stay in dfu. At least, that's my personal experience.